Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith

if you click on the…stacked line…icon in the corner of the battle view, then you can select battlelog. This shows all the units in the battle and is sortable. What’s more though is that you can click on any unit on the list and find out what specifically has happened to that unit(or what it’s done), up until that point in the battle. I’m not sure if this is what you’re looking for or not though…

@tomchick will be streaming Dominions 5 on Wednesday. He is very invested in the lore of Dominions.

I’ve watched the first three of Das’s videos for newbs, and they’re very helpful. I did play a few games of Dominions 3 against the AI, but I don’t remember many of the things Das explained in his videos. Perhaps I never understood them in the first place! Anyway, I’ve got the bug now, so I’ll probably buy the game tomorrow.

I found a new hero with Uruk:

He totally should have sailing ability. Illfrauuud! /shakes fist.

5.05 is out

New GUI? Seems interesting. Should I use it? (I’m a newbie)

I bought the game exactly after watching some of Das’s tutorials. I found them instructive but lengthy… I should have read the tutorials page in its fullness: Das made areally interesting “Rushed tutorial” (40 minutes, more or less). I found my starting point.
I bought Dom 5 days ago, now I’m reading the thing called manual, trying to understand how to play well, first of all.

Hmm, I seem to have missed the launch 10% sale. Anyone care to guess when Dominions 5 will go on sale again? Normally I’d just lump it and pay more, but I’ve got other games occupying me, and my wallet is a little more restricted this holiday season.

Fixed for you. :)

I love my friends - Dom 5 number one! :-)

Where do you find that view?

In the store main view, at the top, click the “your store” popup menu, “popular amongst friends items”.
Warning: can be very depressing if you got a bunch of clickr addicts around.

The undead legion dudes in the Middle Era feel like cheating: no supply usage, free recruits every turn so you can save gold for buildings, huge troop counts. I love them. What am I missing? What is their downside?

Everybody gang up on them first thing, from what I’ve heard, in MP games.

Also, cheap priests blast them to pieces. Not sure how the new flavored bless effects will change that as well, but some of them are definitely vicious to undead too.

They kind of kill themselves off eventually too don’t they? Like if you can beat them they’ll sort of peter out because they’ve eaten themselves?

They’re neat but since the AI could never play well with them I always tended to avoid them.

After a while they won’t have gold because they kill their own population.

Dom5 inspector is alive!

https://larzm42.github.io/dom5inspector/

Fuck you Discourse if I want to post the same thing in two related threads I goddamn will!

Edit, luck that last line did the trick, I was about to get all Lorem ipsum on it’s ass.

Speaking of MA Ermor…

I did a quick test today with MA Ermor to see if the spawn rates had changed. I read something among the line of better spawns in forts (which imo implied worse spawns outside forts?). In any case, these are the results

Conditions: Small random map, starting provinces 6, Awake Earth Snake as Pretender (doing nothing in Capital), Scales neutral except Death3, Dominion strength 6, one year of turns passed:

Dominions 4: 215 units spawned in the capital, including 18 knights, and 43 princeps. Total spawns in the other five provinces: 135 .

Dominions 5: 211 units spawned in the capital, including 26 knights, and 33 princeps. Total spawns in the other five provinces: 173 .

And now spawn in basic forts. Remember the basic fort in Dom4 is cheaper and need less time to build. 8 turns waiting for spawn in each fort:

Dominions 4.

Fort 1. 59 units. 11 ghouls. 9 soulless. 10 triarius. 11 principes. 9 velites. 4 legionnares. 1 knight. 4 longdead.

Fort 2. 58 units. 3 ghouls. 8 soulless. 3 triarius. 11 principes. 13 velites. 9 legionnares. 4 knights. 3 horsemen. 4 longdead.

Dominions 5.

Fort 1. 54 units. 5 ghouls. 18 soulless. 6 triarius. 3 principes. 7 velites. 3 legionnaries. 1 knight. 3 horsemen. 7 longdead.

Fort 2. 50 units. 8 ghouls. 13 soulless. 4 triarius. 3 principe. 5 velites. 1 legionnaire. 3 horseman. 14 longdeads.

It seems more chaff (longdead, souless) and slightly less Roman troops, in special less knights and principes. But maybe with the fort upgrade you return to similar spawn levels.

Skeleton Ermor puts a huge target on its back immediately in mp, but note that it also creates a fun game theory problem: Because its provinces are dead lands, bereft of supplies or gold, they are miserable to take and worthless (except for gem sites) to hold. No one wants to be the one to actually conquer them, creating dissent among what would otherwise be a united front.