Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith

Tom got his, live on his stream, from his neighbour’s hands. There may have been unboxing. Can’t wait for it to be available!

It also sounds like an inversion of how is perceived, at least here, Greek mythology, as I was associating those monstruosities more with Titans. Or maybe they got out of Tartaros! In any case, really looking forward to exploring it.

The manual is up on Lulu.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/bruce-geryk/dominions-5-color/paperback/product-23460025.html

Aaaaaww, yeah!

Fuck me - colour as well! We be spoiled!

Does this mean the pdfs from the Illwinter site are now also updated?

I paid the price of the book again in expedited shipping to Aus. But only because its Illwinter and Bruce. It has nothing to do with being in a current MP game and needing instant access to those sweet, sweet (now colour) tables!

And it was the only tracked option.

Illwinter has all the pdfs from me. It looks like the docs page is not yet updated, though.

Does the printed manual include a color photo of the author? This is crucial to my purchase decision.

I assume you want to make sure there is not a big picture of me defacing the pristine manual :)

You can always print this out and put it inside the front cover:

https://goo.gl/images/u7w827

The new very useful UI feature is going to Nation overview (f1), press tab to hide the squads, and then press d. You will see this:

A new row with candle information and what units can be recruited in each province. Useful to see where you could get shamans or scouts or whatever. The sprites are smaller than usual so they are hard to see, but hovering over them you can see the name of the unit.

Please can we have bookmarks in the pdf, so it’s easy to use on mobile device?

Yes, I will add them.

Excellente. :)

I think that Bruce stated on numerous times (and in the last 3MA podcast), that neither he nor Illwinter were making a dime on the Lulu service.

Speaking of money, will there be a B&W option for cheapasses?

Honestly am not involved in the actual interactions with Lulu but I can ask Johan.

For those looking for the game’s music, Peter Gundry has released a new album entitled “Don’t Wake Me Just Yet,” which is significantly better than his previous albums and has music that is very similar to his music for Dom5. I thought I recognized a few tracks but even if they are not the same tracks as in the game, they are of a similar style and quality. Definitely more mature music than the things I found previously on Spotify. Here is a sample:

Thank you!

On Spotify already too!

I made the mistake of listening to Three Moves Ahead where they talked about Dominions with Bruce. Now I want it. I played Dom 4 back in October of 2013 for a bit, and I did like it. Now that Dom 5 has been out in the wild, what are peoples’ impressions of Dom 5 vs Dom 4? The way I bounce from game to game and never go back to a lot of them I don’t know whether to play Dom 4 or wait until I am able to buy Dom 5. If Dom 5 is markedly better I think I’d rather wait.

It’s better, but I wouldn’t say it’s markedly better.

Dominions isn’t a series of games, think more as a single one. Dom4 was the 4.0, and now Dom5 is the 5.0 version.

Improvements in UI, in balance, some new nations, new combat, etc. But the core game is very very similar.

You should play 2-3 games with Dom4 and if you want to play it more, then buy Dom5, as just the UI improvements make it worth it if you are going to play a lot.

I’ve been watching the DasTactic Dom 4 vs Dom 5 comparison video and I think I’m going to wait until I can get Dom 5. The map looks much cleaner. I like the way battles are handled. Setting research is handled better. There are just a variety of things that seem cleaned up. I’m not sure what my Dom 5 price point will be, but it seems worth the wait vs Dom 4. I’m a rookie when it comes to Dominion, so I’m sure there are things that are a big deal that I don’t realize. I must have played the Desura version of Dom 4 as my Steam version doesn’t show any hours played. My guess is that I’ve only played 2 to 4 solo games.

I can always read @Brooski ‘s manual for fun in the meantime. I really enjoyed reading it for Dom 4. Das seemed a bit scattered in his comparison videos and didn’t always present the information clearly. I don’ t know if he does a better job in his other ones. But, I don’t watch many videos so what do I know.