Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith

Yep.

I was reviewing them and they didn’t seem so good. Then I noticed some sites and units appear after the first year…

It is a bit of a risk, but if you start out with Rus (the nation that isn’t super impacted by cold) in the first round, and no one takes Caelum or Niefelheim, you should be good to go. Keep in mind, even if you take Caelum or Niefelheim, and someone else wanted to go for a cold-based strategy, they would instantly be at a disadvantage. No one wants to go cold-based missing at least one of the key nations or possibly two.

I would argue going heat is a bigger risk, because a lot of those heat nations are heat 1 and work well with balanced temp nations.

Take for example Mictlan. If your team wanted a heat strategy, and my team wanted a bless strategy, there is enough overlap that both teams would want Mictlan. Or both teams could grab Agartha. They need different scales and bless, but both like heat and both like a bless.

On the other hand, the only people that would want Caelum or Niefelheim would be people going for a cold strategy, and there are so few of those nations that you are effectively locked out if one other team takes it. If I was going for a Cold strategy, and you took Niefelheim, I would have to change strategies.

I think that could work.

If any objects, let me know, but if there are no objections, let’s go for it.

Also, @dfs, how’s it going with your current team? Will it be too much? Is there anything I can do to help?

If that schedule holds then the person who selects last has four days to learn their nation and coordinate with the rest of their team? That seems like a stretch particularly if that last person is one of the new players. (I don’t know that there’s an answer here…)

I’ve messaged BaconSoda and Galdred and will continue that dialog. I’ll gladly swap if somebody else want’s to play “expert” for a while.

Position D would be one of the expert teams, so it wouldn’t be a big stretch. If you selection Position A, you would have the most turns to pick for your team, having all three nations selected by June 13th. And you would get to choice your position first.

Keep in mind, both @Galdred and @Baconsoda have played Dominions in the past and Baconsoda has played Dominions 5 MP before, so they should have some good idea of how the game is played.

I don’t think there should be any requirement for the announcer to be playing the team they announce. Likewise, one player could announce for the entire team. And if any team needs more time to iron out some kinks, or for any other reason, we just push back the timeline: we’re not launching the mars landing or anything…

I think the positions have different merits depending on what the strategy might be. Position A gives you more time to play, and allows you to see which way your opponents are going, but limits your nation choices and is far more passive. Position D allows you to choose your core 2 nations with no interference, and lets you see exactly which way your opponents have gone, but concedes your final selection may be suboptimal

Okay, there may be a disciple bug. Has anyone else tried to set up a test game with their (hopeful) team? I have twice, and when I throw out an awake pretender, the disciples aren’t showing up for the team. Not sure why that is happening. It wasn’t the case before the patch.

Yeah, I tried playing through 14 turns, and the disciples never showed up. Anyway else effected by this bug?

So yeah…I can do the research or I can ask for help. We have a pretender nation and two allied disciple nations. I got that far and know no more.

The scales and bless for all three nations come from the pretender.
The allied disciple nations can then pick from lower dominion chasis and can only adjust that chasis magic paths.
The disciples wake up in half the time that their pretender will wake up. That’s poorly worded, but if the pretender is to wake up between turns 12-14 then the disciples should wake by turn 7.

Is that it w/respect to pretender/disciple creation?

Everything you wrote there @dfs looks correct to me. Make sure in tools to create either disciple or pretender in disciple game, it will force you to the proper choices and options.

Well, you start with zero scales in a Disciple Nation.

You share globals, and certain dominion abilities - like Arco’s scrying ability. Not sure about Lankas though, I’ve heard mixed results.

Here is an old thread on disciple domains.
http://dominionsmods.com/index.php?showtopic=3825

Oh, cool think. If Yomi’s abilities are independent of discipleship. So, disciple or pretender, they will always be able to get oni and none of there allies will. Also, only Yomi loses income, if they are the pretender.

There is nothing binding an individual to a team’s choice of nations? As a team we can pick three nations and then decide between ourselves exactly who is playing which nation.

Personally, i think that’s fine - but it’s only a recommendation and I’ll defer to the groupthink

Not trying to threadcop, but at some point can this convo move into a multiplayer thread maybe?

For sure. Just pick them into a group and can decide as you go which team member plays them.

Also, which player will be pretender.

As I see it. The team choices the nations, which is why we have a day between choices.

@legowarrior can you pick a game name and make a thread. I can see silhouette’s point. Not that anybody should be playing solo dominions.

Don’t judge my lifestyle choice!

All setup.

Just noticing some of the debuffs they added for SC chassis. Is this new? I don’t recall seeing them before. some of them have -4 (per path) for rituals and/or smithing and/or researching. That’s just horrible…