Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith

sure, I volunteer @Strato and myself. We have slightly different perspectives on things, so he could get 2 viewpoints for the price of one Bundy rum!

Don’t forget we are using CBM.

Captain Morgan Black Spiced Rum and Vanilla Coke. That’s a terrible cocktail for my liver. Bundy rum is fine, but its best use is if you really, really want to have a bad day the next day.

(I’ve mostly stopped drinking alcohol now. It hasn’t gotten rid of the feeble minded trait, but it has given me +1 strength and 2+HP).

The Doc says I need to stop with the IPAs, so @pyrhic will have to go it alone. That has given me +1 Wisdom and +3 Spouse Calmness.

guess that means i’m drinking for two!

General question here, does anyone know if seduction is trans-species? I’m like 99% sure it only effects opposite sex commanders, but i’m unsure about species (though i suspect not). For instance, could a succubus seduce a nagaraja(i dont think so)? Could it if it was in human form(I think so)? is there any way to even tell if something is human vs not, or is it just assumed human if it doesn’t have another marker (animal, demon, undead, magic-being)? Can you even seduce the undead, is it legal, and does it work?

Uh…just asking…for a friend.

All species love you. The Cat Charm might even allow you to seduce the same gender, because you become such a good-looking guy.

The chance of Seduction working is low these days, but then you have assassinations.

I’m not sure I like the new diplomacy interface…

Like there is something wrong with dragon reptiles seizing a planet?

CEASE YOUR HERESY! You cold blooded lizards will never rule in Holy Marignon!

damn, i sent my message to the wrong player again!

If they are on the threshold of ascension why other planets would support them? The normal thing would be to ally against them.
These new players…

It was suggested that I watch this old video.

Looks like a long video of a big tournament.

It’s official: lego’s playing Dom 5 chess while the rest of us are playing Dom 5 checkers. I’m thinking he even falls asleep to Dom 5 strategy audio!

You say that, but you should see how quickly I lost that disciple game. Last time I’m playing an EA Disciple Game. Until I do it again.

Loggy’s Gembait RE notes - illwiki: Dominions 5 Wiki

And now we finally know what you need to bait gem use. Loggy has known for a while but refused to tell until a few things got fixed. The big fix is that units that are set to retreat will no longer bait gems as easily.

There’s a terribly thin line between abuse of game mechanics and actual cheating. It’s kinda like if i went to an FPS game thread and posted a link to some fantastic hacks: “i’m just showing you where they are and how to get them so you can get a feel for how they work so that if they’re used against you, you’d know about it”…

uh, huh…

This is different. For ages, Loggy has known how to rig the system. He does all sorts of deep dives into the code and for the most part, he gives out all the information he finds, such as how many mages does Hidden spell generator. How does dormant status work exactly. Or Patrol .

But, the one thing they never told was the Gembait mechanics. I believe there was even communication with Illwinter about it.

But, with the recent patch, they felt safe breaking down the complete mechanics. Because, currently, its really hard to gembait somebody. The usual stance was to show up, and then flee, but his break down shows that if you are set up to flee in any fashion (either with the commander, or one of the return spells) it calculate the value of the unit much lower and doesn’t count them sometimes.

Now, it’s not clear to me if this solves the Foul Vapors problem that Vanilla Dominions has. 2 Nature, 1 Water, and 2 Nature gems is usually not enough to trigger Poison Ward casting by the other side, but is enough to cast Foul Vapors. Or I should say, it used to be not enough.

Absolutely no offense intended but I honestly don’t even want to play with people who know this sort of thing.