Don Bradman Cricket and TableTop Cricket

:D :D :D

Let’s talk cricket again. I’ve spent hundreds and hundreds of hours in Don Bradman Cricket 14. I notice in the current Steam Sale that the newer 17 version is 50% off, which I think is pretty unusual (I got the 14 version from a sale direct at the publishers website if I remember correctly). Anyone here want to chime in as to whether it is an upgrade?

[deleting this post as I never played DB17]

I also played solo Test Match tabletop in my youth… Filling out the score sheets of course…

So, on the digit front, is there actual a single “good” cricket game, or is it a case of there just being some that are “good enough”?

I thought DB17 was worse than 14 and refunded it, but 19 is supposed to be better.

Bradman 14 is very good, consensus opinion.

17 dropping the ball is the impression I am getting from the user reviews on steam, hence my hesitancy. I wasn’t aware they dropped the Don Bradman moniker for Cricket 19, and it is getting glowing reviews all round. And of course, not on sale. Pout.

Oh jeez apologies, I never played DB17. The sequel I have is Ashes Cricket.

Which I guess came after 17 but before 19. Great naming systems. Thanks Big Ant. Thants.

I have very fond memories of beating Australia by 5 runs in a test match I played every ball of.

I don’t know anything about cricket, but I do know the first few minutes of this video are pretty darned funny.

It’s the Big Ant way!

reminds me of this.

Cricket 19 is now available for free* on Gamepass!

Yeah just downloaded

Let me know your impressions. I’ve never played a Cricket game on computer, only in real life. So I’m not sure what the conventions of video game Cricket are.

In CRICKETGAME you get to pick a name for yourself that the commentators will say when you’re on the field. There are a bunch of surnames and then some nickname style ones for “they didn’t have your name”

One of the nicknames is “Wheezy Goat Boat”

That made my choice a lot easier.

Cricket 22 appears to be in early access (although with nets only?!)

I think the early access for these cricket games is usually just nets and the “academy” (I think it’s called).

The academy is a player creator and early access mostly exists so crazy subcontinent fans can go in and create accurate representations of all the teams in the world that you can then download on day one of the official release and Big Ant can’t be sued for IP infringement.

Is there a ‘send dick pic’ or ‘ball tamper’ feature that lets you rotate the Aus captain?

E. lmao it has Bajo doing the video.

Wheeeeey.

Lol game delayed to take Paine off the cover.

That aside this looks pretty good, will pick it up for the PS5.