Don't ask Ubisoft for support...Or else!

Stunning customer service response here.

And in case it gets deleted:

Regarding Online Connectivity Issues

Hello Splinter Cell Blacklist Fans,

My name is Tara Reichley, I am Head of the Ubisoft Customer Relationship Center. It has been brought to my attention by one of our team leads here at Ubisoft Customer Support, Casey Blackwood, that many users have been reporting issues connecting with the Splinter Cell Blacklist services when attempting to access the multiplayer or cooperative features of the game.

Rest assured, we are aware of the issue. However, given the age of the game in question, and the relatively inactive player base, the game team has decided not to devote any further resources into rectifying this issue.

It is for this reason that I must ask you, our loyal players, to refrain from opening any further support tickets regarding this issue. My team and I have no input into the decision making process of the game teams, and by continuing to weigh down the support team with well-known and unsolvable issues only serves to prevent other innocent players from receiving the prompt problem solving they deserve.

Any support tickets submitted regarding this issue in the future will be met with a 7 day ban. During this period, you will be unable to make purchases through the Ubisoft store, log in to Ubisoft websites, log in to your Ubisoft account or play through the Ubisoft Connect client. However, you may still play offline. Customer support will not be able to lift this ban.

Further offenses will be met with a permanent ban.

In addition, any users found to be intentionally using an earlier version of Ubisoft Connect or Uplay launchers in order to workaround the issue will be banned. Older versions of Ubisoft Connect are no longer secure, and continuing to make use of them could result in security breaches to your Ubisoft account or Ubisoft as a whole.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Respectfully,
Tara Johnson Reichley
Ubisoft Customer Relationship Center
Red Storm Entertainment, Cary, NC

I assume there were some idiots harassing Ubi support about their Splinter Cell Blacklist MP not working, but I’m not sure what this post is supposed to be to everyone else.

You couldn’t write a more damaging, braindead, and/or tonedeaf letter if you tried. /boggle.

Believe this is 75% off in the steam sale, so while telling everyone to F off if it doesn’t work they’re amusingly still trying to sell this at the same time.

I mean make up your minds, abandon it and move on or keep selling and support.

Countdown until Ubi is swamped by 1 billion troll tickets over this? I’m guessing under 24 hours. They certainly deserve it. I think I’ll go send mine now.

Given that this person had only ONE post in the forum and it is THIS post, I’m tempting to say it is a troll account. But I won’t be surprised if it is genuine.

Maybe if it wasn’t a stickied post

its also gone now.

Definitely a tone deaf response, but she’s just being honest about their policy.

Sounds like the right time for me to stop boycotting Ubi!

Wow. So if you complain about a game that is not working (even if you missed the notice) you can be banned from playing all your other games. For life even. Really?

The only thing that achieves is convincing me to never buy another Ubisoft game ever again.

Ubisoft representatives now tell Kotaku that the post had been written by a user impersonating a Ubisoft employee, not a member of the support staff. It has been deleted, with the player responsible for the comments now also banned.

How did the post get stickied if it was fake?

Community moderators can pin threads:

https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/marketing/community_moderation

Done know how many there are in the group.

Could have been stickied by someone who thought it was genuine.

This is what one gets for cheaping out on your forum management. Nice, if late, lesson.

Well that makes much more sense. I can’t imagine anyone, in customer service no less, could possibly write something that bad lol.

oh my sweet summer child

I’d go with “oh son, bless your heart” ;)

Ubisoft support is ok in my experience. Not the best (Apple is by far the best in my experience) but not the worst either (Hello Blizzard).

Still I have no trouble believing that because the game is not making money they therefore would discontinue support, while still selling it. It happens to EA and would not be surprised if Ubisoft follow suit. Either way, glad that it is either a fake or there is a quick walkback.

The only support I used was Nintendo, for N64, Gamecube, and DSlite!

Each time they just express mailed me a new/probably refurbished unit after getting my broken one.

From my experience this is probably down to departments being isolated from each other - especially CS, probably doing support for all the titles, while having to maintain KPIs, SLAs, etc. Each title probably has an allocated manpower and/or budget, and I’m guessing Blacklist has none at this point, so the CS starting to deny requests internally first, and then the department manager finally got fed up with having to deal with this disruption and got the approval from someone higher up to write this. Could the letter have been worded differently? Absolutely.

But I’d bet my left nut that this is 100% internal politics and pressure and zero having to do with paying customers. Still a bad look for Ubi as a whole though, and it’s just a matter of time before one of the big wigs gets a whiff of this and intervenes. I seriously doubt the CS lead will lose her job over this though, because I am confident this was not done without the nod from higher up.