Don't ask Ubisoft for support...Or else!

I dunno. It’s awfully well-written for a fake.
Zero typos. Proper formatting.
Yes it’s possible. But most fake shit I’ve seen doesn’t look that good.

Some of these games they’re shutting down support for are still recent. They are not even unlocking all the DLC like CodeMasters did when they removed GFWL:

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/gameplay/article/decommissioning-of-online-services-september-2022/000102396

Which one of those games would you classify as recent? Seems like they’re all around 10 years old.

LOL at the note next to Space Junkies “As a multiplayer only title, you will be unable to play the game going forward.”.

This is why I avoid Ubisoft games!

True. They’re all around 2011-2013 releases, it seems like, except for Space Junkies. That one is from 2019.

Anno 2070 is 48 years away

Disabling multiplayer is one thing… there probably isn’t much of a community left for some of those.

Disabling access to online services… well - I guess it depends on how much of the game requires that crap to be functional. Wasn’t Anno 2070 somewhat dependent on the online stuff for the ARK or whatever? Or is the game fully functional offline?

Disabling the ability to install and play purchased DLC? That’s BS. I don’t care how old the game is.

A bunch of stuff in 2070 is online based but there is still a game left if you turn that off. Just significantly less of one.

Really glad I stopped buying Ubisoft games a decade ago.

I better enjoy Steep while they let us play that online-only game we bought.

From the Anno 2070 forums:

So there’s some chance the online stuff for 2070 will survive.

The way that’s worded is a little weird. It’s possible that what they mean is that you can no longer buy and install DLC for the listed AC games from inside the game. I think in most AC games there’s prompts to buy and install DLC from directly within the games themselves, which I think goes through the servers that are being shut down. I think it’s possible you can still download and install DLC “externally” because that comes from a more centalized set of UBI servers.

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/gameplay/article/decommissioning-of-online-services-september-2022/000102396

• Silent Hunter 5. You will be unable to link Ubisoft accounts in-game or use online features. Additionally, the installation and access to DLC will be unavailable.

So in the future if I want to play SH5 again… I won’t be able to install it?

Welcome to U play! Nick got a whole thread ready for you a bit below yours ;D

U got played?

I’ll bet subsim.com is having a fit over this.

Haven’t touched an Ubisoft game except for DRM-free ones on gog in about 15 years.

@jpinard

I’m not condoning it but this is another instance of where pirates have better results:

Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic [pcgame-Multi5] [Tntvillage]

You’ll be able to install it, I’d imagine. You probably will not be able to buy or download or install DLC directly from inside the game itself, which is a thing that apparently a lot of UBI games do. (Or maybe they’re going full idiot UBI. Who knows?)

I was assuming the DLC phones home to see if you’re licensed and they’re turning off those servers too. Notice that the console versions are generally not listed as having the DLC go away.