Don't copy that floppy!

A valuable lesson to be learned…
And it’s all true, I mean, we really did lose Carmen Sandiego and Oregon Trail!

http://www.hugi.is/hahradi/bigboxes.php?box_id=51208&f_id=723

Keep an eye out for a sneak preview of Neverwinter Nights! Talk about your long development times.

6 year edit: I don’t know what the hell that old link points to, but here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xfqkdh5Js4

LOL! I remember that thing, from when I was in something like 4th grade!

Favorite quote: “Welcome to the end of the computer age.”

Wow, I’ve never seen that one before. Great and scary entertainment. I’m surprised it hasn’t traumatized a generation of gamers. Had I seen that way back when I was a young gamer, I probably wouldn’t have dared to insert a floppy disk anymore just to not encounter the tooth fairy er … ‘Disk Protector’.

OMFG…that’s just…um…that’s…um…well…er…

I’ll never copy a floppy again. I just hope they don’t make an edgy rap for multi-ethnic/gender gamers about CDs.

Don’t Copy that Floppy.
Wrap that Rascal.

Same difference.

After watching that, I think a lot of people would be left blind and/or mad and unable to copy a floppy or anything else.

Why is there so often such a hilarious disconnect in PSA’s aimed at kids? I guess we really do lose touch once we grow up. “Hey, those kids like that ‘rapper music’ now. We can use that to appeal to their common decency!”

wtf?

That’s BOGUS!

I would like to point out the inclusion of PIXAR in the credits. From “Don’t Copy That Floppy” to “Finding Nemo”. What a scary trip.

Wow, I never knew that the Mac LC included DRDRM (Dancing Rapping Digital Rights Management).

How old is that thing? They had a PREVIEW for the original NWN! I saw Plutos up there which was a game I played on the Amiga some time in the late 80’s

The copyright I saw was 1992.

Give SPA credit for trying :wink: a pity practically nobody ever saw it…

Don’t RIP That CD isn’t nearly as catchy… :)

Maybe if they would’ve made shorter 30 second bits instead of a 10 minute special then more people would’ve gotten the message.

Warranties? Warranties? Warranties?

Shut the fuck up.

Chet

I always liked the Swedish (I think) anti-piracy TV ad - ‘This man spends all his time downloading German pop music from the Internet, not only is he breaking the law, but he also has terrible taste’.

I don’t think it’s Swedish, I’ve never seen it.

Heh, we would need more ads like that.

The Software Publisher’s Association gives you permission to copy this video for the non-profit purpose of promoting the ethical and legal use of software
Where does one begin to comment on this? :)

Damn, I just spotted this thread after posting my own.

Deleted mine.

This is comedy gold :)