Doom Eternal - Hell on Earth Returns

I’m really getting into a groove with this game. It took me a while to fall into the combat rhythm here, since it’s different from DOOM 2016’s, but now I’m making great headway and don’t feel like I’m constantly a step behind like I did when I first started.

I love these massive arena fights where wave after wave of the tougher enemies will spawn, and I’m forced to replay a few times in order to memorize and utilize every bit of armor, health, ammo, and gas on the map. I also get great pleasure after completing one of these big fights and looking at the map and seeing that I painted every square inch of that arena green, due to my constant running and vaulting from one end of the map to the other, using every ledge, boost pad, or swing-pipe along the way.

I’m not sure where exactly I left off, but I’m halfway through collecting keys in the Super Gore Nest map.

Of all the enemies in the game that do their best to screw me over, I think the Whiplash demon (snake thing) is easily the most frustrating for me so far. Not frustrating in a bad way, but they always seem to end up right behind me, whipping me to death from halfway across the map.