Doom

All I want to know is whether The Rock will go humping along the walls of the base searching for secret weapon caches.

you say that like that’s a bad thing

but it’s a generic sci-fi action flick with The Rock in it

i’m already in line[/quote]

Thank you. I swear some of you must have had your Testosterone removed. Or you’re all girls.

Chris Woods[/quote]

Only a TUFF GUY pays 10 bucks a pop for a stupid action film! GRRR! Represent!

This homo-erotic film is going to make you its bitch!

If not for the presence of The Rock, I would have guessed it was a sci-fi channel original movie, from the trailer.

[quote=“Bill_Dungsroman”]

Only a TUFF GUY pays 10 bucks a pop for a stupid action film! GRRR! Represent![/quote]

I never pay 10 bucks! I just flex my 57 inch bisecps at the maladroitisous malagmanious marines who envy my perfect figure! Then I crush some black guys head like a pea.

Oh, and there’s something about baseball sized musketballs in there somewhere.

[quote=“Andrew_Mayer”]

This homo-erotic film is going to make you its bitch![/quote]

Ha, that’s gold. I’ll see it twice, now. Despite the fac tno one is making it.

Chris Woods

Here’s my bet on the Doom movie’s script…

Greedy corporate guys experimenting. Things go bad, virus that mutates people gets released. Demon concept is out the window, because mutagenic viruses are the new cool. This will borrow from the Gibson script for Aliens3 and Resident Evil heavily. Hey, maybe it’s an unearthed alien DNA and they’ll rip off Species too.

Marines get called in. Rock is 2nd in command. In the first 20 minutes, all marines die and Rock is left alone. Then he finds a lone surviving female scientist or miner or something and they play survival horror for 45 minutes. The only way is to blow up the reactor or something. There WILL of course have to be a reactor counting down to oblivion in this movie.

Then, the get to their escape vessel, but it’s out of fuel rods. So, they have to sneak through the most dangerous part of the station to get them and bring them back. When they get back to the ship, the big boss steps out and Rock has to fight him. Just as Rock is about to be killed, the formerly helpless female character hits it with a rocket launcher, distracts it, and Rock gets off a BFG2000 shot. Then they fly away and the base explodes behind them.

Place your bets, folks! Will I be more than 50% right?

As far as I remember, the main character is the one played by Karl Urban.

-Julian

I hope so. Especially if we get to see said chick’s tits in at least one gratuitous shot. Double points if she is a redhead.

You’d better be at least 50% right. If Doom: The Movie has a halfway decent plot or more then one marine then it will be a disservice to the games.

Chris Woods

Because Doom co-op sucked.

Compared to what? At that time, it was something pretty new. I have many fond memories of playing Doom co-op.

Not that it was without problems. The first version broadcast packets to everyone on the net, which really irked a lot of network admins. It was DOS, so you had to load all the funky DOS IPX drivers.

But we had a blast with it. sigh :)

Doom Co- op sucked? Where were you playing? Put on respawn at the second highest level, with DM weapon spawns at it totally kicked ass.
We would actually crash the game on some levels because there were too many monsters…and corpses.
Even better was DM with monsters…rule was always start as co-op…first ‘friendly fire’ and the dm starts. Of course none of this 25 frag a level stuff like now, 150 to win.Absolute chaos.

The sarchasm claims two.

There was an early working version of the trailer shown at QuakeCon yesterday, along with some extra footage. (Only the teaser has been released so far.)

The thing that got everyone cheering in both cases was the FPS sequence – at some point in the movie, the camera cuts to a first-person perspective and Urban’s character navigates a series of hallways and stairways, blowing shit up. The audience went positively crazy.

From what I’ve seen of it, I doubt the movie will be put up in a category alonsgside Aliens and Raiders of the Lost Ark, but I’m encouraged that they seem to be putting in a lot of things that fans can latch on to. The base looks a lot like DOOM 3. The pinkydemon and hellknight are pretty faithful to the game. The UAC logo is everyhere. There are even two characters named Dr. Carmack and Dr. Willits. If they can make a decent sci-fi/action flick and then add in some in-jokes like key hunts and monster closets, it could be kinda fun.

And maybe have The Rock give a hellknight the eyebrow.

Dude, if he doesn’t, I’m gonna be pissed. That was the best part of him being the Scorpion King in the second Mummy movie. :)

–Dave

Just wait till he Rock Bottoms a Revenant, followed by the People’s Elbow.

“Can you smell what’s cookin’ on this rock?”

What is supposedly the “final edit” Doom trailer is out:
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/doom.html

Looks terrible. They included the “first person shooter” perspective shots, which are particular cringeworthy.

Oddly…I can’t wait to see it. :)

yeah me niether. the FPS mode is very cool. Pinky is even kinda cool looking in a plastic b-movie kinda way…