Dota 2 Reborn - Valve revamps Dota 2

Today we are announcing the Dota 2 Reborn beta, which brings with it a new interface, new engine, and Custom Games. Everything in the dashboard has been redesigned utilizing a new UI framework and the engine that powers the game has been fully replaced.

Neat. I’m still to crappy to ever play it though.

My god that looks like a slick interface. What do they mean by ‘a new engine’ didn’t they just switch to source 2?

That’s what they mean.

I wonder if CSGO/TF2 will be ported over to Source 2 as well.

Valve apparently told some high-level TF2 community visitors at one point that a Source 2 version of that game would not be coming “anytime soon.”

I imagine CS:GO is a pretty good candidate for updating due to its popularity and profitability.

I can only hope. The current interface is pretty horrible and plenty of issues need to be addressed. The development of the game is really behind considering how it’s really blown up in popularity.

More is now up:

2 - Custom Games

3 - Beta stuff

I’m excited to see what the community makes for custom games. Hopefully that’ll include some of my old Warcraft 3 favorites like Pudge Wars.

On the animated image, Pudge is listed.

The mod tools for this look seriously great. So excited to see where this takes the community.

Uhm, what’s exactly the point of updating the map with a new one done in much worse quality?

Personally I thought all the Source 2 shots looked better.

To provide you with material to complain about, clearly.

The map builder looks cool. Now we just need someone to make Warcraft 3 inside Dota 2.

I JUST got into Heroes of the Storm and now I desperately want to mess around with this. Maybe I’ll just ignore all the Dota stuff and do all custom games.

Dota2 has a sleek new web streaming platform with live game stats, rewinding and Steam chat integration now.

http://www.dota2.com/watch/

Clicked on a stream, Firefox isn’t supported? When I click to get the FAQ, that doesn’t work either, and the stream (which isn’t playing) just stalls.

edit: I finally got to the FAQ, , chrome/IE/Safari only.

I guess it makes sense from Valve’s perspective to keep the traffic etc, but I don’t really see the appeal for viewers. If I want top quality video and analytics tools I’ll watch in client. If I want production stuff from the likes of BTS, I’ll watch on Twitch. Or can casters push their non in-game video out this way as well?

So far it’s just Steam broadcasting with ingame stats. This is what they’ll use for the official TI5 stream though, I guess we will see how they’ll handle overlays and video segments next month.

I agree that there’s no real reason to use this yet when you can have Dota2 API live stats in Twitch streams via http://dailydota2.com/ but if they add ways to monetize streams and support for overlays I can see this taking off. Quality seems to be better than Twitch and there are large parts of the world where Twitch streams just don’t work very well.

Am I the only one in the hive mind that regularly plays this?
I finally finished the 11250 gold in 25 minutes quest. After weeks of beating my head against the wall with my main Heros I finally bit the bullet and picked alchemist. That was the first quest that I was stuck on.