Dota Underlords - Valve's Auto Chess

@Ultrazen I assumed that was a request. Pass on the key if I misunderstood.

One left.

I’d love one. :P

Yes thanks a ton!

May I have another? 😅

@Therlun sent.

Thank you

Boy, I have to say I really love this. I’ve run into zero bugs so far, and the team building and moment to moment choices in this, along with fishing for unit upgrades is really fun. The only problem I have, is a few grumbles about information on synergies when trying to find a good combo, but that’s something that will come with game knowledge.

If someone wants a key add me on steam, I think my username there is timsfker.

I’d love to give this a try, sent a friend request.

So being my steam friend might be too high a barrier for some people (aww), so I will actually just paste the remaining two keys here:

8LQ4K-7R5H2-WH4PE

8LQ5B-9TZ7I-K2A07

Replace the “Q” with “Y”.

I grabbed the second one. Thanks @Tim_N for supporting my laziness!

And someone else grabbed the first one.

I don’t have a giveaway key, I got mine from Bobtree.
But just yesterday Valve said that they are still planning to start open beta “this week” so you’ll likely be able to play today or tomorrow.

And it’s out:

http://underlords.com

I’d been thinking that it wasn’t really possible to do builds around a single carry unit, like in Auto Chess, due to just having one item per hero. Turns out it’s totally possible. I got Forged in Battle as an early item pick two games in a row. This item gives Brawny units (i.e. Auto Chess orcs) +50 max HP for each unit they’ve killed.

The first time around I didn’t really manage to do anything with it. Had a Beastmaster with maybe 10-15 kills, which is really nothing. So the second time around I just concentrated on trying to stack up kills for the Brawny units. So get a Drow Ranger for the attack speed boost, a Pudge for the Heartless synergy just for the armor. Run multiple low-level copies of the same unit just to build the odd kill for the second copy rather than keep it on the bench (the kills transfer over when units are merged). And rotate the items such that new Brawny units started with whatever boosted health and defense, and then ones that had built up a good stack of kills would have the attack items.

It looked pretty bad early on, but kept building up steam until half way through the game it felt like I couldn’t lose. The result was a 3* Beastmaster with 118 kills, and something like 9k HP.

Whoa, nice one.

By the way guys, this is not only out for PC but also apple and Android.

I’m having a really good time with it.

I just ended up with Forged in Battle in the tutorial on my phone, plus the smuggler which gives you better loot. Now my luck has been spent before even playing a regular game.

So, I was kindly gifted a key for this interesting-seeming game but have no idea at all how to play it. I have no experience with the original mod, nor with DOTA, so I’m without any context here. The in-game tutorial doesn’t seem to be functional yet - are there any resources I could be pointed to? Text is better, but video will do in a pinch.

The tutorial worked for me on the phone. Worst case you can watch someone like Quill18’s youtube videos of the mod. Kripparian should also have some streams on twitch of this particular game.