Downton Abbey

YES!!!

Should be a fun premiere night at the movies. I bet a lot of people dress in period costume.

hm, this is a guilty pleasure for me right now. It is a soap, a telenovella, but I just love watching the characters. Even the bad guys are interesting or even likable. O’Brien, anyone? As great the music was in The Crown as schmaltzy it is here. And it is like, always the same music cues. They could have added a lot of more depth to the show with better music. Missed oppurtunity.

I am in season 2 now, The Great War. It is strange to see how willingly young people went to enlist. I think, some guys still do.

They fixed me with a 5$ offer of season 1 on Amazon, and doubled the prices for the other seasons. Still worth it.

I have not started the last season of Game Of Thrones, yet. I just can’t bring myself to do it and to get disappointed. So Downton is really a welcoming surprise.

When you get around to finishing the TV seasons, the movie is pleasant too. I found it completely unnecessary, but hey some are just in the more is more and more is great camp!

Watching this show convinced me, that the Brits must be the world greatest experts in social distancing. Come on, they almost always keep 6 feet distance, even within own family. No touching, no hugging.

Finished season 2 of my guilty pleasure and now I feel even more guilty! I wanted to write, that great actors were stuck in a bad or soapy script. But how can it be really bad, if I like every episode so much?

The christmas special was something. Bates? Why are the writers so cruel? Bates was in trouble since the first episode, he just cannot escape. I blame his wife, she had it coming.

Ah, Sir Richard, I hated him so much, and he got what he deserved. He was the GoT knight of Daenerys… He was so sly, ugh, disgusting character.

So I continue with my guilt and season 3.

boy, those oldtime-Brits, they have certainly a special way of kissing. It looks so strange!

“Mrs Hughes, there don’t seem to be any glasses laid for the pudding wine!” Good old times with good old problems.

I love season 3 so far. Especially because of the theme, financial ruin is relatable. What I noticed, though, the script writers do like to take back things.

Like there is an option to avoid ruin (Matthews second heritage). Or Matthews spine injury. Or Mary and Sir Richard (wedding, black mail scandal). Or Lavinia and Matthews marriage etc

No luck for Bates yet, but they will get there eventually

They are killing me. That Edith wedding, so cruel.

Brutal, just brutal, Sybil

That one’s a heart breaker. And poor Edith. Truly the Jan of Downton Abbey.

Thank god for an episode (S3EP7) where almost nothing happened. (catholic christening, almost a raping, Bates released from prison, crazy irish brother, o’Briens revenge).

I hope Bates the troublemaker gets some good rest.

Finished season 3, very good, everything is fine. That Jimmy guy, though, he’s a pain… Overall everything went well this season. Now Season 4. Too bad it is not free on amazon prime. On my next patreon review request, I know what I will be requesting.

Just read in the show notes on amazon for seaseon 4 that Matthew died wtf amazon, don’t do this. season 4 spoiled now foever!!!

WTF!!! sorry, but really, WTF … I am talking about christmas special season 3.
Why are they doing this to us viewers?? It started as a guilty pleasure, but season 3 and the special was a guilt-free pleasure to watch. Until the final scene. Bastards.

Ep1S4 finished. I must say, the writers are criminals. They should get sued for murder, that’s right. Still under shock, but it was quite a good introduction to the new season. Sad, that O’Brien is gone, but Edna will bring some spice to the table.

Molesley, he was so happy dancing the gigue in season 3, the actor seems familiar, must be some comedian.

Thomas is as good as ever. Glad he stays in the rotation. Maggie Smith always to the point. I think Maggie Smith and Diana Rigg had some great work lately. Diana Rigg would have fit perfectly in Downton Abbey.

Finished Season 4. Great season, Edith really has bad luck. I hope Gregson will come back. Yeah, Munich in the 20s was the start of Hitlerism in Germany. No wonder he got into a fight with some early-Nazis.

Only 2 seasons left, it will be a sad day, when I watch the last show, probably it will be the Downton movie.

I’m sorry to say there will now be 2 Downton Movies.

the more the better. How can this be bad?