Dr Strange

Anyone picked up the new Dr. Strange animated movie? Buzz from Comic Con was good, but after the disappointment that was Avengers 2, and the total pile of fetid feces that was the execrable Iron Man (I really hated that damn thing, can you tell?) I’ve become more gun shy about these.

So, should I or shouldn’t I?

It’s more of a rental, but still definitely worth adding to your Netflix queue.

I just watched it - not bed. A lot better than Ultimate Avengers, which is the only other Marvel animated movie I’ve seen. Definitely better than both of the Hellboy animated movies too. Kind of Matrixy, but with magic. Makes me think Dr. Strange would eventually make a kickass live action movie.

I think they’re seriously limiting themselves by making these movies only 75 minutes though. It’s really hard to crab a decent story in such a small amount of time.

It’s awesome. It keeps most of the canonical origin intact with only minor changes. Plus, it’s the first Marvel animated feature where they didn’t cut costs by skimping on the number of animation cels, so it’s easy on the eyes.

Definitely watch it.

Ugh, the Iron Man cartoon felt like it dragged on for far too long.

Also, where was my Iron Man vs Mandarin throwdown? Instead I got ghost Mandarin tossing Tony Stark around and being defeated by the Power of Love TM. Bullshit, I tells ya.