Drafting help

I remember taking a drafting class in high school, and there being a technique of generating an isometric view from an overhead, plan and elevation view by drawing a diagonal line and connecting the coordinates on that line. What is this technique called, and are there any good guides online I can use as a refresher? Thanks.

[edit]

Maybe I am remembering incorrectly.

[edit]

Actually, I know I’m wrong. This is what I was remembering, and it has nothing to do with isometric perspective. Never mind.

I went to architecture school and I don’t recall ever drawing something like that.

Wow, we spent a semester doing lots of these!

Here are some nicer ones:

The latter one uses circular arcs in place of the diagonal line.

Orthographic projection?

Make absolutely sure you stick with 40 cards in your deck, even if you drafted some better cards, pick only the very, very best cards and keep to 40 cards. Every card you put in over 40 just reduces the chance of drawing the winning card when you need it. And 16-18 of those 40 should be lands, closer to 18 unless you find the CMC of the cards hew to the lower end of the curve. 17 is the standard. 15-18 creatures, more if you have great creatures to play with.

And remember, when drafting you want Bombs first, just the big powerful spells and creatures that win games, and then Removal after that if you can’t draft a Bomb, and then evasion is the next priority (stuff that’s hard to block, like flyers or creatures with Fear or Intimdate). If you are handed a handful of cards and none of them fit those guidelines, grab something that’s pretty good or even better, something that fits those guidlines but that won’t work in your own deck, because you can then deny something good to another player drafting at your table.

I hope that helps! :)

I was actually wanting information about drafting in NASCAR. But thanks anyway.

I have no idea what the ideal mana curve in NASCAR might be!

I imagine it’s… pretty fast.

They’re usually playing Red Weenie or Burn, so… yeah.