Dragon Age: Inquisition

I recall really liking dragon fights, some crafting moments, and the expansions (trespasser).

That is after I got into to the game.

I don’t recall hating the board, It was there – I did it. I liked some of the open world bits. That giant and dragon fighting on the shore.

Looking back on things I’d say the think I disliked the MOST about DA:I was struggling with the interface. The mouse/kb was sorta awkward. When I finally got a controller THAT was awkward, But if you go back to Dragon Age: origins – it seems natural.

Apologies if I misrepresented anyone’s comments.

Sure, one can play the game (almost) without the war table, but that would mean missing out on useful items/schematics, a whole lot of approval, as well as quite a lot of lore, dangling storylines, and a number of missions/events. I just don’t see this as being something that is “optional” in the game at all.

I also don’t think you really need timers for this. Timers are just an alternate form of resource-gating, after all - they could have built an equivalent system using alternate resources to gate the content if they wanted to, after all (they already use fame - they could have easily added a couple more instead of the timers).

That being said, I would have been fine without the war table in the game at all. Although I didn’t mind the version they used in the Descent DLC, where the “expedition table” was mostly used to uncover new areas (building bridges, etc). Crucially, that version had no quest/story-relevant timers at all.

I know the story line involving Samson has perhaps 8-9 parts, and some of that does require you to go to the War Room and wait 15 minutes while something is done. Parts of the quest (Before the Dawn) are given by Cullen but in order to find out locations you need the war room and at least 2 15 minute “searches”. I just did that part less than 3 days ago.

I believe the major locations (Western Wastes etc) are available instantly with the use of 5-40 power.

I tried playing using a controller and gave up, going back to the mouse. My big problem with that was during a battle you loose track of the mouse (you can vary the size of the mouse tracker but I never did that) and the next thing I knew I had clicked some lower button by accident.

The dragons were fun fights, but once you understood the dragons limitations they weren’t very hard.

Okay, you’re right, there are a couple of companion quests with associated war table operation requirements. Only a couple, mind you.

Hope that’s good news for the direction of ubigames. Sounds like it…

Considering the last two Creed games have gone more into RPG like territory that’s not a surprising hire.

TGA trailer for whatever the next Dragon Age is going to be, I think:

T how on earth does that connect with anything else Dragon Age? I don’t recall any weird mummies and dread wolves. I do recall a lotta sand and open areas.

Sigh at least the first game made some sorta sense.

Huh, I am not even a massive fan of the Dragon Age franchise and I know how the whole Dread Wolf thing ties into Dragon Age: Inquisition and possible sequels to its story. Maybe it was tied to the DLC or something that was hidden behind playing as a Female Elf and romancing Solas, I honestly don’t remember it has been that long since I booted the game up.

Either way, that was Solas’ voice at the end of the teaser trailer and the humanoid figure in the artwork. Won’t say much more about it without spoiler tags lest I spoil something for someone.

The Dread Wolf is the Dalish god of betrayal and rebellion. Although as the stinger of Inquisition reveals, and Trespasser goes into more detail about, you know him better as Solas

Hopefully it’s more Origins and less Inquisition.

But honestly, I’m hoping it isn’t a dark souls clone.

I read somewhere that DA4 is 3 years away. Not even worth worrying about right now.

I’m cautiously optimistic. Without Laidlaw at the helm it might even be worth playing.

As hyperflawed as Inquisition was, I ended up liking it quite a lot, particularly with Tresspaser, and Solas was great character, so I am tentatively glad they are going in that narrative direction.

But yeah 3 years away means zero hype for now.

I’m pretty sure that we’ve left the Bioware that would ever do anything like Origins behind as of, well, Origins. But I’d take more Inquisition at this point. It’s got a bunch of dumb decisions in it for sure but it comes through on the stuff I was actually there for - characters, story, loredrops, etc.

The part where you are lost in the snow, and end finding a new place was glorious. Not for the snow part (walking slow suck in videogames), but the story effects and your relation to the npcs and the world.

Yeah it had some great moments for sure. If only they could have excised all the lame MMO stuff and put in better combat, it would be a 9 for me.

Solas is the Dread Wolf, that was revealed at the end of DAI. And the ‘mummy’ is the red lyrium idol from DA2.