Dragon Age: Inquisition

Finally played DA:I after having bought it when it first came out. I bounced it off it pretty hard when I first played it but when back to it due to lockdown.

The combat was pretty awful and I don’t think I’ve ever picked up so many quests by reading bits of paper.

The whole thing does have the feeling that somebody played WoW and said let’s do that but worse. I was never a hardcore player and played casually for a couple of years. I started after Burning Crusade had come out and drifted away before Cataclysm but every starting region was more interesting than pretty much anything in DA:I

The lore of DA was really dragged me back and I did enjoy the story, characters and revisiting that world. Not having played for so long though I remembered Morrigan, Alastair, Hawke and Varric but that was about it.

I’ve not played any of the DLC but have enjoyed it enough to go back to Origins.
Again I’m hazy after 11 years and discovered that I remember very little. It’s been nice to go back and encounter Morrigan, Leliana and Cullen for the first time.

I must admit though having been playing BG3 and Crown of the Magister recently even the Origin’s combat feels over-simplistic.

I’ll be interested in whether it keeps enough interest to move on to DA2 or maybe the DA:I dlc.