Dragon Age: Inquisition

I’d settle for their default behavior not being dumb as a rock.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/comments/2pzn6t/confirmed_best_target_behavior_settings_for_your/

Two things really bug me about party AI.

First, that we have less control over it than in the previous games. What the fuck?

Second, that the enemies you fight are smarter than your guys. Enemy rogues actively try and flank. Enemy tanks will position. Enemy Mages and Archers will move out of melee range. My guys do none of those things.

I just started playing this over christmas. While I like the game so far I am not sure I completely get the crafting yet. How do I know the properties of the thing I am going to craft when buying schematics? For example I bought some adventurer armour schematic but it turned out to be human-trained only. Was there any way I could have known this upfront? The examine button is greyed out when shopping for schematics.

Personally I always loved how “Hold Position” ALWAYS PICKS EVERYONE.

Really helpful.

No, its retarded and blows my mind that such a glaring problem made it out the door, and past the the first two patches (and counting). You have to save at a vendor, buy all the plans, check them, reload, then buy again if there is anything worth it (half the time, no, there isnt).

Done! On New Year’s Day! 102 hours. I have no opinions that have not already been expressed in this thread :) Do we know anything about the next from Bioware? Will there a Mass Inquisition as well? Presumably there will be another Dragon Age, but not for ages…

Wheee!

Congrats!

I’m approaching 90 hours in and have 24/50. The achievements I’ve gotten are just from going about my business. Since achievements are frequently spoilerish, I don’t look at what they are ahead of time. Are there ones that it’s unlikely you’ll get without pursuing them directly?

Yes there is one major one that requires a second play through or save and reload.

I give up. Been looking all over for this and hoped the game would explain it but I must have missed it. When you kill an enemy and they become ghost like and their health bar turns green and counts down, what the heck does that mean?

I think that’s a necromancer ability that converts the enemies (bottom on the left branch, iirc). The green bar is the time you have left before you lose control over the raised spirit. It annoyed me so much that I respecced Dorian and never used that skill again.

DAI is on sale on Xbox One again for $38.99 USD.

I just started this on PS4. Are the cutscenes supposed to run at such a variably low FPS, or is it my eyes or my console?

Yeah the cutscenes/dialogue run slow on PC as well, I think they are locked to 30 fps while the rest of the game isn’t (there are hacks to disable the lock).

Not sure what the deal is the with PS4 as I would have thought the whole thing is running at 30 anyway.

It’s as bug on all versions running out of sync. On PC there’s a commandline switch to fix it but it’s been since patched.

Thank you Bateau! God you are so right, it is annoying as hell. Whats good is that you can just tell Dorian not to use that skill. I like Dorian a lot and would hate to lose him.

You can hit the ability again and end it (the icon changes to show you have a dude animated).

You can always respec him out of it, it’s not like it’s early in the tree or anything, it’s the last ability in one of the lines iirc.

Yeah but for that you have to manually switch to Dorian, target the npc, hit ability and then switch back to your character. Having him not use the skill at all was a better option for me :P.

@greg wak: definitely respec him and keep him around, he’s a great character and his other ability, Walking Bomb, can be pretty devastating.

I’m confused. What’s annoying about that skill?