Dragon Age: Inquisition

Actual crashing varies greatly. Some people here have claimed to never crash, even from day one. I’ve crashed a few times. My friend crashes a lot and has pretty much quit the game in frustration.

The gender bug (where you pick gender A but the game secretly makes you gender B and you don’t find out until 50 hours in) is supposedly fixed thankfully.

Supposedly you were unable to complete a few quests on PC due to not being able to walk before, but this patch fixes that supposedly.

Supposedly late in the game there are still game ending bugs, but i haven’t got there yet.

I don’t think the game is truly “broken” anymore (it certainly had multiple critical bugs on release) but you might run in to some technical issues you wouldn’t expect from a AAA title. Then again, being a AAA game is not really proof against regular crashes i suppose.

I crash so consistently I cannot play the game. Hoping patch 3 will clear it up.

I played the release version (1.0) on PC without any notable issues through to completion (over 65 hours). I don’t even remember any crashes (save one, but that was my video driver, and happens from time to time regardless of what I’m playing, I assume to everyone here and there). A few strange little things here and there, sure, but nothing that comes to mind even as I type this. Unless it got WORSE with patches…?

GLAAD recognized DA:I for its handling of LGBT characters and gave it Special Recognition Award in the 26th Annual GLAAD Media Awards.

GLAAD also announced that Electronic Arts and BioWare’s videogame Dragon Age: Inquisition received a Special Recognition award for the many complex and unique LGBT characters prominently integrated throughout the game. GLAAD’s Special Recognition awards are typically given to outstanding media projects for which there is not a competitive category.

Only problem I’ve had was that origin was unavailable last night, and I had to figure out how to launch in offline mode. Haven’t tried multiplayer tho.

Apparently Patch 3 was released, and I missed it. Guess we can confirm if the camera doesn’t switch to a different character in tactical mode.

A dev responded with the fact that they only fixed one of several causes to the problem and the end result is that the bug happens more than not still. Also they apparently completely removed healing from Rampage instead of fixing it glitching out and SOMETIMES not healing… so now it’s always. So odd

Playing on Xbox 1
Every time I sit on the throne to pass judgement the game goes to the loading screen. After several minutes I’m standing in the hall and people are standing around waiting for something, but I’ve heard no cases and passed no judgement. This is the buggiest game I have played in quite a while. In fact, I would say it’s actually worse than Assassin’s Creed. How Bioware and EA haven’t gotten the flogging ubisoft got is beyond me.

Maybe you need more Fiber in your diet.

I too had a problem on that one case. I can’t remember if I ever got it to work or eventually I just got a new case. It didn’t seem like a huge deal in the grand scheme of things - but yeah, it should just work.

If you enjoyed the tavern songs in Dragon Age Inquisition, Bioware is giving out a free download of them:http://www.dragonage.com/en_US/news/inquisition-tavern-songs-giveaway

Two live performances of 2 of the songs by the original vocalist:

Is anyone playing this on a Core i3?

The system specs call for a quad-core proc. But from what I’ve been reading what EA may have meant was a quad-thread PC.

I’m trying to see if my Alienware Alpha I3 will actually run the game.

Edit: oops.

I think you meant to put that post in the bargain thread, malkav :-).

I sure did. I have no idea how I ended up in this one.

When someone starts a spoiler thread. I’m curious to see if I missed a cut scene Some stuff happens and it’s out of the blue and that’s before the epilogue.

There is a spoiler thread

I’m about 120 hours in, and have done a lot of things “out of order”, or apparently delayed certain missions longer than I “should” have.

As a hardcore keyboard/mouse person, I reluctantly agree that (like Dark Souls) DAI is much better with a controller.

I’ve had some of the same nuisance issues as others: slow-motion cutscenes (pound X), the inevitable mystery crashes, random monsters re- or de-spawning (I love watching those camps just vanish!), and even the occasional “why am I still in combat”/“why can’t I talk to people”.

Some of the visuals, environments, and moods of the game are fantastic. I actually stood on the Storm Coast shore and just watched the waves for a while. The various deserts are also quite nice.

My main gripe with the game is everything feels somewhat inconsequential, despite the game constantly straining for “EPIC!!!”. Yeah, it’s huge…but it’s also effectively a lot of the same thing over and over, and it doesn’t feel like you’re progressing. Pick up metals and herbs. Brief combat. Find shard. Brief combat. Go to quest location. Brief combat. Nobody dies, nothing really changes.

Given that you can re-spec, there’s no real reason to ever change out the team you roll with, aside from wanting some of the chat dialog to change because you get tired of hearing Solas ask Varric about the time he fought C________. The game effectively punishes you for not always taking a rogue and a mage on all missions…which is also fine, but…why give me a “choice”?

The combat is relatively unsatisfying. I generally agree with Tom’s review in the “10 Overrated Games” article.

The best things about the game are having these beautiful scenic vistas to explore. The worst is that much of that “exploration” consists of jogging 50 feet, ripping up some weeds or picking up a rock, and then repeating that endlessly.

I’m still enjoying it, even if it’s basically the last Saint’s Row game in RenFaire drag.

See, I was just about to come here and post something at the same time similar and completely opposite. I have about 140 hours in now and I, too, have delayed certain missions because I am just enjoying myself too damn much. I don’t echo your feelings of inconsequentiality, though. If you play through a zone’s story, you can’t help but make changes. Even not progressing the main story, characters, places, and factions all change within the game. In fact, to let you know where I am, I came here to write this now because I couldn’t choose between Wicked Hearts, Wicked Eyes" and “Into the Abyss”.

It’s just so good, or at least, as I wrote previously, it hits that same sweet spot for me that Mass Effect did, except with much more content. Combat is a little less fun now that I am over-levelled and specialized but I still enjoy the story, the characters, and the action. I do regularly try to rotate the team, with the exceptions of Vivenne and Sera. If they are going to disagree, I would like my travelling companions to disagree in funny ways. So far, nothing of the sort with those two and anyone else, at least it seems for me.

I had hoped to do a different class playthrough but at this rate, its going to be race toisee how much I like it by the time the ride ends.

140 hours and you’ve only just now hit into the abyss? Wow.