Dragon Age: Inquisition

Children using a shrunken adult animation model is really creepy.

31 hours in.

And I getting bored with the game. God, outside of the main quest it’s really bad. Like, the side quests aren’t mediocre, are just bad. From a mechanical standpoint to presentation to variety or surprises. From several dozens of quests, only one was decent and maybe a second one which had a hit of humor, that’s it.

So I will try to go straight into finishing the main quest, and see if that way the experience improves. Let’s see if I get to finish it.

That is where I am at. I put it down for Pillars of Eternity, which I have since finished. Now I keep finding other games to play instead of finishing this one. One day, I may go back and find the royal wing in that castle, whatever it is called. Maybe… Most likely Ill just keep this on my HD until I need to room and then Ill nuke it.

It’s funny because I played the hell out of Inquisition. I don’t recall whether I thought the actual side quests were interesting, but I loved exploring the maps enough so maybe it didn’t matter too much to me. I did like the main story and cast of characters a lot though.

The side quests were tedious but they were a good excuse to explore the maps. They rendered some really gorgeous environments in this game, and I’m glad I took the time to explore them.

Side quests were very much like those in an MMO.

Putzing along in this as I wait for Witcher 3. I have fully explored every zone now , except the Hissing Wastes and I am up the mission called What Pride Had Wrought.

I don’t think I can take the hugeness of the Hissings Wastes on the world’s slowest horse. I’ve only unlocked 2 camps so far. Should I bother? Or should I just finish up the last few main missions and call it a day.

I don’t recall if I finished up the Hissing Wastes or not, but I did skip some non essential quests. I’d say if you’ve had enough just do the main quests. You don’t want to start The Witcher 3 in a bad mood :-)

Depends on how completionist you are. Everything not main quest is optional so it’s entirely up to you. For my part, I did everything that was made available to me and didn’t regret it.

But a horse? Really? Did people actually use those things? I couldn’t stand to ride one for more than the little race quest given at the stable and then I never wanted to touch one again. I ran everywhere. Handling was truly awful.

I sure wouldn’t. The speed boost is marginal if it even exists, and it turns off party banter. Fuck that.

One month later… I never got to do it. I did a pause for GTA5, then a pause for Wolfenstein Old Blood, then some focus on RL job and also the Dom4 mp turns got longer. Now I finally finished all that… but The Witcher 3 is coming in 48 hours. I’m not going to continue a full-commitment game like DA:I for just two days, because i know I will leave it when W3 is out and that will be a 100 hour game. So I suppose at this point I won’t finish the game…

I’m trying the multiplayer in this, but I don’t get anyone else when I do a search for a quick session. Is the multiplayer a ghost town already?

I personally didn’t care about it to begin with, and that was like 7 months ago. So I’d wager that’s probably an accurate assessment.

Do you have all the free multiplayer-DLC installed? Might be fewer games running just the base game. I seem to remember some people having trouble finding games in the ME3 multiplayer because they hadn’t added the free DLC.

Oh. That sounds really great. I have ME3 installed so I can occasionally play the ME3 Horde mode still. (They really should have done more with that). There’s still a lot of people playing it (until EA kills the servers… maybe they have done so already, been a month or two since I played).

I have no idea how much DLC EA/BioWare plans to release for DA:I, but apparently they must have more planned.

They’re releasing a save importer tool to let people transfer their game files from 360/PS3 to Xbox One/PS4. Why? Because they’re not planning on releasing any more DLC for the older gen versions. Players that already bought DLC like Jaws of Hakkon on the older platforms will get that for free on newer systems when they transfer. They will have to buy the base game for the newer consoles, however.

Saves from PC to console or consoles to PC are not supported.

Hopefully it isn’t more godawful multiplayer DLC for a single player game.

That seems pretty cool of them, actually. Not as cool as upgrading you for free but hey, you take what you can get I guess. I still haven’t played the game yet though I am considering shelling out for EA Access when Inquisition is released there.

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/194847/pc-download/base-game/standard-edition#details

Six-hour trial of the SP game now available for free on PC.

All multiplayer is permanently f2p.

Epilogue DLC announced.