Dragon Age: Inquisition

I restarted twice, tried a fighter, then switched to rogue and finally ended up finishing the game as a mage. Combat just wasn’t fun, but the mage elements were the best of the bad options IMHO (you can stand still and fire spells rather than chasing around like a lunatic). As you suggested, ignore the side quests and just focus on main quest and colleague quests.

Go for it, you can finish the areas later. The story quests are the best part of the game IMO.

The power system will force you to do some of the boring stuff for awhile. Closing rifts is the quickest way to gain more.

I have about 40 power so hopefully that is enough for a while.
I opened some doors in the oasis temple but jeeeez to open them all it requires all the shards? Guess I am never getting all that is there.

Awesome that there seems to be a revival of sorts on this!

I’m about 140 freaking hours into Persona 5 and yes I do enjoy it (otherwise I’d have to be a masochist?) and am a game finisher I’d been thinking ahead to the next game. Decided it would be this one independently! Coincidence? Or the Hive Mind?

I need to get back into this game. I really like it. There is too much filler compared to story, but there is still a ton of story.

20 hours in I finally played my first interesting quest! time travel!

Then closing the breach and what happens afterwards was pretty cool. I am finally somewhat invested and actually look forward to playing more.

I agree. I think that DA:I overcorrected a bit in terms of “stuff to do”. The story is pretty fun though and I wish it had moved along at a bit faster clip. I suppose getting the pacing right in a story is a tricky bit of business though.

This thread inspired me to take another look at DA:I. I originally bounced off the game after around 10 hours in. So I booted up Origin, looked at the title, and… there’s FIFTY-FIVE DOLLARS of DLC to get the full experience. Surely, that can’t be right.

So I kept looking, and found a DLC bundle… for THIRTY DOLLARS. For a four year old game.

Fuck it.

LOL - gotta love EA and their pricing philosophy

That’s really weird, because I’ve seen the full version with all DLC for sale for around $10. Pretty sure that’s what I paid.

Yeah, I think I got the GOTY edition for $14.99 iirc. Inquisition is often on steep sale, but the non-sale price rarely moves. I suspect it’s to keep the perceived value of EA’s subscription service up.

If you don’t mind cdkeys.com, they have the GOTY version for $15

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/dragon-age-inquisition-game-of-the-year-edition-pc-origin-cd-key

Tell me about it. I paid more for Mass Effect Bioware Points that I did for the games themselves. Fuck EA’s DLC pricing policies.

Of course, if I get that far, I will buy Trespasser, because without it the game is incomplete. But fuck the other two DLCs.

Thanks, just picked it up. That’s a reasonable price.

Just get the GOTY on the cheap. The other two DLC aren’t are crucial but they are still the best zones in the game, I would say.

I wish they would just make the season pass free at this point to people who bought the base game. I’d consider revisiting it with the DLC, but I don’t feel like buying it, especially since the GotY is so cheap on sale these days.

Oh well, I’ve got plenty of backlog to go through still.

And if I am 25 hours into the base game, will I be even able to activate the GOTY key? Will it upgrade my version? Will saves be compatible? I do not want to burn 18 bucks :/

Heh. Two years ago Gamersgate had a sale on the GOTY version of this, all-in everything for $5.99. I bought four copies, kept one, gifted the rest.

If you enjoy the game, I recommend doing the last dlc, Trespasser. It’s a good way to end the game.

GOTY had always just upgraded on Steam. Can’t imagine why Origin would do differently but I guess it is Origin.