I enjoyed the game, for whatever it’s worth. I never finished it, but then I almost never finish any game.
Things I liked:
- NPC’s with personalities. Not always enjoyable personalities, but the voice-acting helped immersion.
- The concept of agents doing various missions with differing levels of skill, and having those run real-time as opposed to game-hours. That let me send them off to do long tasks just as I was getting ready to wrap up shop for the evening (yes, this system can be cheated by changing your system clock, but why?).
- Base building is fun. While it can be a little dry at times, it was nice to see my efforts out in the world reflected at home.
What I didn’t like:
- Generic mob combat (wasn’t all the time, but frequent enough to be boring)
- Imbalanced character classes; Origins was OP with mage, DAII “underpowered” and caused some complaints on that, and DA-I went back to OP mages. In addition, some prestige classes kinda suck in terms of balance, but look interesting.
- Fetch quests. Sometimes it seems like the curse of MMO’s will never leave SP RPG’s.