Dragon's Dogma

oh - sorry. Reading comphrehension and all that :-)

So yesterday I played the main quest that takes place in the Shadow Fort and I’m definitely in love with this game. What a great set piece. In my case, it was even better because we arrived at the fort near dusk, fought through the night, and our cry of victory welcomed the dawn. It was SO good.

Yeah, the day/night cycles really add tons of atmosphere to the game.

I wish you could get some better lighting at night. Half the time my pawns will shout about enemies and begin buffing and I have zero ideas where the enemies are. At least the mages should have a larger AoE light spell they can cast for free. Or better lanterns. It also sucks that pawn lanterns provide no extra are lighting unlike your own.

If you want to know where enemies are in the dark, play as a Magick Archer. Not only you’ll see a circle around enemies when you aim your bow, but you have access to a skill that is basically a flare (that doubles as a handy way of exploding undead).

I am having fun with my Assassin. I am in the post game now and I am not sure what to do. I killed a few bosses but other than the ur-dragon? I suppose I could head to bitterblack isle. I would like to find another dragon to dragonforge my new gear I got from the killing the final quest dragon.

There are a couple more dragons in Everfall that can forge for you other then the Ur dragon. Chamber of Fate can have a drake in it and Chamber of Distress as well. Those guys have forged most of my gear for me…

I would suggest mixing it up between Everfall and BBI. I am having fun with that. BBI is pretty tough and there are some brick walls you run into so going back and forth keeps the occasional frustration down.

Bitterblack Isle is awesome, lots of fun and so many cool items/upgraded and enemies to face. I probably won’t get there with my current game, at least not for a bit, since stuff like Rise of the Tomb Raider and Xcom 2 is coming out so soon (let alone Darkest Dungeon), but I’ve been through all this content twice before, and I’m really impressed it grabbed me as hard as it did this third time. Such a cool game.

Apparently there is a capped 25% experience penalty/bonus for hiring lower/higher level pawns. For example, if your level 75 character hires a level 50 (or lower) pawn you will receive 25% more XP, while if you hire a level 150 pawn you will receive 25% less XP (since it’s capped at 25%, 1% a level). That’s my understanding of it anyway.

I don’t really worry about it - I’ve been running around with a sorcerer pawn that’s 35+ levels lower than me for the past few sessions and she’s doing just fine. As far as effectiveness goes, it seems to have much more to do with the pawns gear/skills/inclination than their level.

I have done everfall stuff a few times. I have never seen a drake. There are what, 3 areas aside from the ur-dragon? Most of the time there aren’t any boss monsters. Is there a strategy / guide to finding and landing on all the platforms?

There are 15 chambers in total. The Dragons Dogma wiki (The Everfall (Post-Dragon) | Dragon's Dogma Wiki | Fandom) has a nice illustration where to fly.

So does anybody know how much “Berserk” there is in this game? I’ve heard that there are some references and at one point some Guts and Griffin armors. I’m tempted to give this a shot just for that reason alone.

It didn’t make it into the PC version due to licensing foofarah. You’ll have to check Google to see if the armor is enough to back to PS3 graphics. :)

Dammit - Red Signe will not be updated for some time, since my laptop fan is gone bad and I need to take it to repair.

When you get back Signe will have lots of info to share with you =) Won’t that be nice!

For those doing post-game stuff, I kindly direct your attention to this sub forum, which is very helpful in obtaining dragon loot.

That’s a shame. I added her to my favorites and I was looking forward to picking her up again when she got higher in level.

Oh well, she’ll always stay in my favorites. :)

Looks like the first patch should arrive tomorrow according to the Capcom rep on the Steam forums. Changelog:

[ul]
[li]Added 1366x768 resolution support
[/li][li]Game should no longer have intermittent controller device detection issues when multiple devices are plugged in. This should address some of the stutter and input issues reported by users including spell/charge attacks not releasing, character ceasing to run etc.
[/li][li]Lantern binding issue - When full lantern becomes half-full, it will still be bound to the hotkey. (previously “half full” and “empty” were treated as separate inventory items)
[/li][li]Cursed King’s Belt - equipping this item on a male character will no longer crash the game
[/li][li]Adjusted audio levels – addressed the ‘audio too low’ issue some users encountered
[/li][li]VSync set to OFF by default
[/li][li]DirectInput controller adjustments: Deadzone for each pad is now stored and configurable via config.ini DualShock 4 on PC will now have the same deadzone sensitivity as on PS4 Other DirectInput gamepads will also have a much tighter deadzone as well (the same accuracy/sensitivity as on X360 gamepad)
[/li][li]Game logo in Photo Mode – removed artifact on the right edge of the logo watermark.
[/li][li]Refresh rate settings – the game will now properly detect the refresh rate set in config.ini
[/li][li]Key bindings – mapped “0” as the ‘center camera’ button.
[/li][li]End game credits crashing the game for some users – while this issue could not be reproduced, some changes have been made which should help reduce or eliminate the issue.
[/li][li]
[/li][/ul]

The audio level adjustment will be nice. I have to turn the volume on my speakers up MUCH higher than normal currently.

I accidentally NG+. I was poking stuff around, and accidentally initiated the Final of the Post-Game. So here I am, reborn has myself (I think, it could be my pawn), with a new cooler body and a new cooler pawn body. Since the game force you to pick a vocation again, I picked mage to get a handle about it, maybe I will like it enough to play a sorcer.

Also, AFK leveling is paying out. Now at level 70 I can progress trough many areas in BB. The maps in BB are amazing designed with secrets and secret shortcuts / small areas. Is amazing if you like exploring. I have yet to see the harder areas (where level 3 gear hide). I am tired of getting rings from bbk level 1 / 2 items.

Explain how this AFK leveling works? =)

Apparently after you kill the dragon, story stuff happens in the city, and there are infinitely respawning enemies that your pawns can murder while you chill on the rooftops.