Dragon's Dogma

Once you’ve beaten BBI the first time, the monster layouts throughout the dungeon change for the second playthrough (generally more difficult enemies and more of them). The Fallen City section in particular is pretty insane the second time around. The end boss has some interesting changes and becomes more difficult as well.

At this point I’ve played through the game on hard and finished both passes of BBI. The only goal I still want to accomplish is to finish off Death but he hasn’t been showing up for me too often lately.

I’m glad I played it, but I don’t think I liked it enough to want to do it again - even if it is somewhat different. Death is a bastard.

Did you get the credits rolling - after everfalling? If not, you haven’t finished the game :-)

What happens if you forfeit a hired pawn (falling really far etc) and then load a save? Does the owner still get it back with a 3 star rating? I managed to lose Tabitha to the void last night when I fought Gandalf a cyclops on the bridge in Souflayer canyon. When I realised what tragedy had transpired I quickly loaded a save because she’s been kicking so much ass in my party that I didn’t want to lose her (seriously, GREAT pawn Fozz) but it pains me to know that she could’ve ended up with a 3 star rating because of this bullshit mechanic :(.

On a related note, I watched my 3 pawns solo a magic golem in about 2 minutes last night (I was a sorcerer so I didn’t have much say in the matter). I’m really impressed that AI can handle such mechanically complex enemies on their own.

I think I did

I forget at what point the credits came up, but I became the godlike being who looks after the world. I sat in a chair and walked around as a ghost a bit, went back and killed myself with the dagger. Then I loaded up a new game and finished Bitterback Isle.

Yup, that’s the ending Allright :-)

I dunno about pawn AI. I am very frustrated with it and have mostly given up on this game. In BBI I have run into several dragons, all of which almost non-stop insta kill my pawns. These things almost one shot me as well. As for the rest of the monster fights, it is not that they are hard, it is that they are very annoying. Pretty much if I need to climb on top of it, the fight really sucks.

I got to the bishop fight in BBI and while I could deal with it, it was just tedious as hell. For whatever reason, bow skills take crazy stamina and I pretty much have to be chowing down on mushrooms shooting at him or just running around while my stamina recharges. I just found myself being annoyed at everything and have pretty much given up on the game. Maybe Ill play it more before Xcom 2 hits, but I doubt it.

Oh here’s where all the damage sponges are, in post-game.

Technique to maximize your pawn’s two inclinations so they don’t change as often. I don’t really care about this since I’ve only had to correct it a couple times after I switch my pawn’s vocation, but here it is for the cranky people.

A way to change the sky back in post-game. I haven’t decided if I want to do this yet.

You should try with a different class. I’m having a great time with my Mystic Knight.

Kinda stalled with this game after the cockatrice find. I don’t really find the class or gear interesting enough to really pull me back in. Is there something really interesting in the near future of the game at this point?

I came across a link this ridiculously in-depth FAQ on mechanics:

It doesn’t really source its numbers/formulas (I presume testing + save file data mining / editing stats), but that’s alot of effort to troll if anything’s incorrect.

Nice find, oms. Is the Bloodlust augment recommendation relevant? It’s only 20% at night, I feel like the points in assassin could be better spent elsewhere for my casters.

I think indoor counts as night, so if you are spending most of your time in BBI and Everfall, it counts. I read that somewhere, but damn if I could find it now…

Thanks, lots of very useful information there.

Time to stock up on potions to get my pawn to play the way it should.

Haven’t been playing for a bit. Life got busy and I’ve only had the mental space to “flow” out in some Diablo 3. Hopefully, I’ll get back to DD this weekend.

Finally made my way to the Bitterback Isle after clearing the main game + Everfall and it’s great. It’s straching my Souls itch so hard that it’s almost making the wait for DS3 bearable.

I finished up Lara Croft earlier this week, and just gravitated back to BBI myself :) BBI is definitely interesting. I managed to finish the quest line, but have not managed to kill everything there is to kill. Some of it I kind of ran past screaming like a school girl. Some of the rooms you come across are much worse then the final boss. I think I am going to go ahead and kick off NG+, then convert to hard mode next. I need to finish some quests I missed the first time around, and keep a certain crooked merchant out of the stockade this time so I can buy goodies from him. I am just shy of being level 100, and there is a lot on BBI that is still kicking my butt =)

My Pawn is no longer 5 star rated :-(

Guess having it become Scather/Guardian or something wasn’t the best course of action.

That “If still spell runs it course, the object dies” seems to not be very handy. Or maybe on bosses, haven’t had a bossfight in a while.

Edit: Finally sent one of the longest rented pawns I’ve had home to its master, and using HotFreak and someone elses. :)

Yesterday I sent back a pawn that I had from level 70 to 105. I immediately rehired him, I just wanted the guy to get in on all that sweet RC. I’m actually curious how much he got, I think it’s 10% of total XP earned but I don’t have the XP table in front of me (also, lazy) to do the calculations.

On a related note, I love support pawns with Legion’s Might staff.