Dragon's Dogma

Maybe it’s because I run my monitor at 2650x1600 and the game was designed for 1080p? But, I tried it after finishing Witcher 3, so that might have clouded my judgement.

Indeed: I run the game at 1366x768, and already, it feels like it is on the blurry side. But I have very high tolerance for horrible textures and pixels, I prefer nice architectures.

I’ll just leave these here.

(off screen with my old iphone; PS3)

Great game and great pimping system. Best sidekick system in any game, although I suppose you could program your companions in one of the FInal Fantasy games as well.

Oh yea: There are some graphics mods for the game to make it more visually stunning™

Yes, someone mentioned above one called ReShade, but it says it is meant for 1080p and will kill performance on higher resolution machines (I haven’t tried it). I am going to have to load it up again today, in my memory it doesn’t look anything like the game Scott posted.

Edit: I could have sworn your post was asking if there were any graphic mods @instant0, sorry it seems I misread it.

Really a bad spot for a picture.

I guess the biggest difference would be shadows on the grass :)

Better:

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen is coming to PS4 and Xbox One this fall. Confirmed for Japan for now. Supposedly will be coming to NA/EU as well.

Damn… am I really going to triple-dip?

Holy moly, I’m dipping away! Been waiting for this to hit BC but this is preferable.

Maybe they’ll do what happened with GTA Hong Kong, release a remastered version for free on PC to those who already have it, seeing as they’ll probably (hopefully) update some of the tech for the PS4 Version…

I imagine it’s the same version as PC, but now available on XBO/PS4.

You guys are crazy. Once was plenty. What is the point of buying on a console that will die eventually when you already have it on PC?

I am excited for this! Only put a few hours into the 360 version just before getting the XBox One and retiring the 360.

And here I was hoping for BC!

So my complaining about graphics last week…well I sort of had textures set at low…looks a lot better now.

Ouch, yeah that’d do it. I have noticed a strange trend in games lately (especially ports) to not auto-detect settings, or not do it well. I don’t know how many of the last few games I first launched didn’t even use my desktop resolution. I make it a habit to drop into options and video/graphics settings first thing.

Agh, I have to get back to this game. So much fun.

The quiet sound is driving me nuts with this thing. I have to turn my speakers way up just to hear it. Is there a fix for this? Internet search says to set your sound to “loudness equalization” but I can’t find anything like that in Windows 10.

I have to check loudness equalization to get adequate sound out of my TV. Right click the sound icon at the bottom right and go to playback devices. Then right click whatever device is being used and go to properties. You should see it in the Enhancements tab.

The game does apply a weird “muffling” filter to the audio (you can notice it before the title screen, when the song is playing: it triggers after the initial preference loading). I am fortunate enough that it doesn’t lower the sound volume that much here.

Using that on my motherboards inbuilt soundcard to fix silence in that, and many other games (LOTRO!!). Really can’t play without it these days.