DREAMS! media molecule new game - small worlds and the big people in them

Thanks for the recommendations, I should try some of these.

New things:

Dreams - Mega Penguin Launch trailer | PS5, PS4 - YouTube

Dreams – DreamsCom ‘21 Preview Trailer | PS5, PS4 - YouTube

They’re also hiring people from the community to make stuff & curate.

The Dreamscom thing is cool. Highly recommend checking that out. I’ve spent an hour in there so far and I’m only 1/6th of the way through. It remembers where you were, so no rush to see it all.

There’s also a magazine for it:
Dreamscom21_TheImpsider_Magazine.pdf (indreams.me)

New game recommendations:

Zed Exodus. This is a few games in one, including a pinball table & resogun.

Temple of Flies is a neat color-changing platformer.

Temple of Dreams for VR. A couple parts are hard, but we can skip ahead to the next level with the scene map.

Frontier for some time trial driving.

The curators are off to a nice start. There’s a new “Dreams by Genre” section at the top of dream surfing, with most of the top weekly creations thrown into them.

I saw yesterday in the gamescom show a standalone game made with dreams.

New update, new game by Media Molecule.
There’s also pre-made templates for making dungeons, 2D platties, mini golfs, other stuff.

Presenting… Ancient Dangers: A Bat’s Tale and DreamShaping 2.0! | Indreams

I think I bought this game. I should uninstall something so I can install it and check it out.

Dreams is dying.

Writing was on the wall for awhile… I was hoping we’d see VR2 support. I had a lot of fun with this.

I was always curious what kind of uptake Dreams got and what was available to play on it, but never had the opportunity to find out. What a thing to build and then have die so (relatively) quickly.

It’s not really going away.

Will I still be able to access and play Dreams? Will I still be able to create in Dreams?

Yes, you will still be able to access and play, create and share Dreams after the September update.

Oh, thanks for correcting me. I misinterpreted “no live services” for “no server (for content).” That makes more sense, but still a little sad that this didn’t become a thriving platform for game creation. I guess that’s hard when you’re isolated to one console system. Well, I still might check it out.

Yeah, it should be around a little while. No rush to play everything.
The community was there and creating fun stuff. Not many players though.

Oddly Media Molecule just released a new game last week & had their big awards thing.

More details on the game here:
A Long Climb Ago

I haven’t tried it, apparently it’s a tetris-platformer. They’re also got a train game in the works before the final update.

I think it is a huge mistake that they never released this on PC. Dreams thrives on content and I imagine creators are the kind op people who lean towards using PC’s. Now it’s too late in a way with other platforms starting to catch up.

Beside we haven’t really seen any huge hits lately coming from the modding scene the likes of Dota 2 / Natural Selection / Auto Chess. I wonder if it’s now become easy enough to just make a stand alone game that moeders are just doing that instead.

I think they never released for PC because they had strong links with Sony that wanted Dreams has a way to push PlayStation consoles. Releasing on PC would not fit with that.

Also Dreams is heavily linked with Sony hosting and moderation team. The PC side would have required another moderation team + another hosting. Things that cost a lot of money monthly.

In other MM-related news.

I signed in today and saw a new legal agreement. Reading through it (gasp) I saw a nice little surprise: Commercial use is now allowed.

Using Mm-created stuff (other than music clips & instruments) is not ok, and games obviously, but other than that it’s go ahead. I know a few people who’ll be really happy about this.

There aren’t any Mm-created export tools.

How can you sell a Dreams game, then? Are you saying that people have created third-party exporters that can make stand-alone applications from the game data?

This change is for artists, musicians, animators, etc. Not games. AFAIK there’s no way to take interactive creations outside of Dreams.

There is something in the community that turn can sculptures into 3D printable minis.

Oh, I see! You can sell assets, basically.

Man, Tren is really great.

Gigglemoo, I thought you posted a bunch of stuff to try in Dreams. But apparently that wasn’t in this thread? Can you find it and post it here too? Please? :)