Driftland : The Magic is Revival

Well thanks to Lord Kosc I shall now be checking this out. Looking forwards to seeing how I like it.

Which mod is that?

I bought it. £8 is cheap enough to take a punt on it and I’m jonesing for some Majesty-esque action.

Should be able to get it here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/majesty-2-collector-dlc-fix.983538/

Thanks, gonna try it.

Can confirm this works! Ran the base game and one of the DLCs, both loaded just fine, ran at 1440p too! Yay! Now I guess I need to add this to the streaming calendar!

Almost done with the Human (Tutorial/Campaign) you know the island floating mechanic should be sorta dumb in theory, and yet I love it so much.

Hmm maybe there are more human missions than I thought, finished mission 5 and the game progressed to mission 6, so yay!

The final assault on the enemy castle in mission 5 was pretty epic, and involved about 10 tornados followed up by my entire mounted army.

I spawned an island and then slapped down 2 bridges to get my 20 or so knights over there for extra harassment.

Finished up the human campaign, working on the dark elves now, still pretty enjoyable.

Ehh the repetition has set in after almost a twenty hours, and I am getting bored with this, did anyone stick with the game through all 3 mini campaigns?

I have it, but I have not played it yet. I guess that is the criticism I have seen the most about this game, is that the game play is shallow and each map more or less plays out the same. I guess if your bored then that would mean the races are not very different from each other then.

I don’t think I got through the first campaign.

The 2nd with the dark elves, is a different story, but the game just doesn’t change up enough stuff to make me want to continue playing.

Nope. It’s as shallow as a puddle, sadly enough.

Sad, as I like a lot of the stuff they are doing, but I was hoping for more gameplay differences between the races.

UPDATE

So I sunk another 2 hours into this today, and the dark elves do play differently, they focus on tearing the crap out of islands and wiping them off the map completely.

Why bother mining when you can just strip the resources off islands with magic!

So… I shall keep playing. :P

Almost done with the dark elves, ok the game has grown on me again since last night.

Ok finished up the Elves, and I am more than half way through the Dwarf missions. They are sorta fun to play, and I love the look of their flying units.

I guess I am gonna end up finishing this game. :)

There is a good enough RTS here if you stick with it, at least for the single player story.

I just played this for a few hours. I think I was on the 2nd mission (after the tutorial). Basically I think I had to destroy some faction. I had 3 mages heroes, and maybe 3 others between knights and archer dudes. All of them flying.

So I send an attack marker at the outskirts of the enemy realm, and ONLY the critical hero who can not die, goes up there and then dies. I can’t tell them to run, because LOL no direct control. Game over. Start over. No thanks, uninstall.

Yeah you have to increase the priority of the marker, aka toss more gold on it, and all the units will go there. At first it was annoying, but I got use to it.

Almost done with the Dwarf campaign here.

That campaigns are linear and story driven I gather?

How flexible is the skirmish play?