Driftland : The Magic is Revival

It’s more direct than Majesty in that your heroes don’t act on their own without bounties or upgrade themselves. The worker management and expansion decisions are similar to Northgard, though much busier and less constrained. Mostly you build and manage resources until you can flood the map with units. It’s still a nice game, and well worth the $6 sale price, just don’t expect it to play like Majesty.

Thanks. Still chasing that (distant, fondly regarding my little kingdom trundling along) high.

You can always try the nomads for free:

They play as a more classic RTS setup.

Looks like a demo for this (%thread title%) has arrived, so I’ll check it out. I like the way the game looks, but we’ll see if it’s my cup of tea or not.

I finally played through this - the Human campaign on normal difficulty. At first, I didn’t really think it was going to grab me, but in the second scenario I started to enjoy it more and finished that campaign. It was fun when not paying attention to the details and just looking at things from a high level

• I need more stone, I should get that island
  • I keep getting attacked from here, maybe I should camp some heros here and build guard towers
  • I’ve got a lot of upgraded troops, maybe I should attack

Where it falls down some is when I realize I don’t know the details and it didn’t really matter to much. Blacksmith, sure I’ll buy my heroes these skills but I don’t really see the effect of them. Oh look at all these treasure chests, my heroes will grab stuff from them and it looks like they’re getting more powerful, but again not really sure what effect it has.

Anyone play this on a harder difficulty? Maybe then it matters how you group your heroes in a camp by matching abilities to synergize? Is it even possible to look that deep into it? @lordkosc you have the most playtime in my friends list, how did you approach the game - high level connecting islands and managing resources or did you look deeper into it?

I liked the game enough to leave open the possibility of playing it some more later on, but I don’t know if I like it enough to immediately start the next campaign. Since I don’t like starting with stuff prebuilt maybe I should play a skirmish game.

I just kept expanding on the map as needed, I really enjoyed all the campaigns and the dwarves are the best imho. :)

Set up your defenses on the outskirts with a few towers to cover the gaps.