Driveclub

I dunno something tells me we might need a thread here.

Wait, Tom has a twitter and tweets? That’s the real surprise of the year to me.

I will probably get Driveclub but due to lack of big titles out till November and needing something else to play besides Destiny.

Well we did just get Shadow of Mordor too which I think is going to be in the running for a lot of places GotY.

Not into LotRs. But yea everybody has been saying great things about it. It’s just not for me.

Good to hear positive impressions. I recently calculated how much more time I’d have for other genres if I just gave up racing games, and considered it for a day or two. And then Forza Horizon 2’s demo came out, and I had such a blast, I was thinking “How the hell can I give this up?”

And racing games are such huge time sinks too! But I can’t help myself. I love good racing games, and I’m going to continue to play them to death, even at the expense of other genres I love.

The thing that surprised me about Driveclub is that it’s not a caRPG. And given the variety and personality it has, given the superlative track design, I’m okay with that. Also, we have a club, so here’s hoping you guys will jump in and help me level up our club next week!

-Tom

What did you think that bird icon under the words “Follow Qt3” on the front page was for? :)

-Tom

Does anyone have any clarity on the differences between the “lite” ps plus version and the full release?

The PS+ version is all game modes but only one location (India) with 11 tracks and 10 cars. It’s more along the old shareware games like Doom than a simple demo. The full game is ~50 cars, 55 tracks, and 5 locations.

If I understand correctly clubs can only have 6 people in them. I think we will be fighting over a space in the official QT3 club. ;-)

wtf ANOTHER good racing game?!! I just got FH2… and am gearing up for the UBI one next month on pc … thats overkill! Oh well don’t have a PS4 this will have to wait when I get one. :-(

I wondered about that. I just figured we’d get more slots as the club leveled up. It’s a pretty modest club with only six members. Driveposse.

-Tom

A murder of cars?.. I’ll see myself out.

I think it was originally 12, but they reduced it to 6 so the clubs would be tighter, but I believe Evolution has said they are open to the possibility of increasing Club size in the future.

Maybe we need an Eve-style “alliance” of clubs?

You’d think they’d make a provision for something like that!

-Tom

If I preorder and preload the game through PSN will I be able to play at midnight on the 8th (I’m in the EU)? I have never preorderd stuff from PSN so not sure how that works.

• Dirk

That should be how it works. I’ve pre-downloaded a few things on the PS4 and I’ve had no problem playing them as soon as they go live (i.e. midnight Eastern time, I believe).

-Tom

It may vary by publisher or game, but I’m pretty sure Destiny went live at midnight Pacific time, 3 a.m. EST.

Yeah I would definitely check since everything Sony America does is based on Pacific time which is why they unlocked Destiny at 3AM Eastern…so your start time is based on your time zone even if the game officially releases at an earlier time. This is also probably why Tom hasn’t noticed any issues living in LA. ;)

-Todd

Edit: Just noticed you were in the EU, so I don’t know what time zone European releases are pegged to.