Drox Operative 2

Cool, can’t wait to try out this controller support! :)

Up for sale on Steam!

Fifteen bucks? WTF. I guess I need to buy three of these things or something.

@Steven_Peeler, any interest in doing something like a 2 or 4 pack? I’ll spring for one of those and be Space Santa.

I thought steam stopped allowing the pack stuff or something. I miss those days.

As usual you all have already noticed, but Drox Operative 2 is officially in Early Access now.

I’ll have to look into it.

Bought as soon as possible after the Steam alert came through.

Boughted

Money successfully thrown at screen.

In the vacuum of space nobody can hear me fart.

I don’t see an option for multi-packs, so I think they did indeed discontinue them. I might have to set up a Soldak pack one of these days though.

do2

Unfortunately I can’t play for more than five minutes until this afternoon.

No worries, thanks for looking into it! Just picked it up, looking forward to checking it out this evening.

Well, it does look like the old one, I don’t mind that, but perhaps an idea for something I’d like to see?
I know it’s got co-op MP , which is fine, but I’d love to see a versus mode where you tried to win for your chosen empire…

So, you get to do the stuff you usually do, but you also try to mess up for the other player…

Just a tip, if you wanted to have something different in :)

Does the green “+” on an item indicate that it is an upgrade? If so, the logic for that could use some adjustments, in my opinion. Almost everything shows up as an upgrade thus far despite being significantly inferior to what I already have. For instance, I’ll have an engine equipped that provides +68 thrust. I find one that gives +28 but it is listed an an upgrade. Does it flag anything as an upgrade if a single stat is higher? If so, I think the logic should be changed so that only the primary stats on an item are compared. For shields that would be shield capacity, for engines it would be thrust, for power plants it would be power, etc. An engine that provides 1/4th of the thrust as my current one but has a little credit find should not be flagged as an upgrade, it’s clearly not.

And if the green “+” doesn’t represent an item upgrade, then there should be a mechanism put in place to do so. I’m having to spend quite a bit of time sifting through loot that is far below what I already have.

Another point of feedback concerning loot: I wish the gray/green/yellow rarities meant more. I have greys that are better than yellows pretty commonly. Again, it contributes to me having to look at and compare every item that drops so far. It’d really be nice to be able to filter out the junk a little better because that would mean more time playing and less time inventory sorting.

All that being said, I’m having a lot of fun so far!

Others have complained about this. It might currently be broken.

Yeah this was a comment I had for Drox 1. The rarity is based on the number of modifiers added to an item – something that makes sense for Din’s Curse, but not Drox, where you care mostly about the primary stat.

I presume this is like the first where you get forced into doing stuff by the PTB all the time?

The green + is meant to show a better component, but I think it is currently broken and comparing to all components instead of same type components.

I’m probably going to add something eventually that boosts the main stat of the component for higher rarities so that they are more meaningful.

What does PTB mean?

This would be FANTASTIC. Because when I’m looking at engines, I really care about the thrust and stuff since that’s basically my only source. Same for shields, armor, whatever. Having greys commonly better at the job than “very rares” of the same tier isn’t great, IMO, because it means A) I have to sift through everything and B) I’m not excited to see a yellow drop. It’s a little deflating to get high quality laser that is vastly inferior to the grey-quality laser I’ve been using for the past 3-4 levels, if you know what I mean.

All that being said, I’m just trying to provide feedback on the current build so I’m not talking about all the stuff I do like, just the things that I hope can be made better. Having a ton of fun with it so far and the combat/movement does feel better than what I remember from the previous one.

I understand what you are saying. It can actually be helpful for me to hear about what you like though, especially things that have changed.