Drox Operative 2

If you were to assign a fantasy class to each of the Drox playable races, which one would you assign to each race?

Will xpost it here, but off the top of my head:

Shadow: Thief/Rogue
Dryad: Druid.
Lithosoid: “Guardian”. Heavy plate defensive warrior.
Fringe: Wizard
Brunt: Berserker
Cortex: Psionicist
Drakk: Summoner
Hive: Warrior?
Human: Adventurer. Jack of all trades, mix and match across skills from other classes.
Scavenger: Necromancerish. Utilizing and repurposing materials left from death/destruction.
Utopian: This ones a hard one. Maybe something Bard-like, with music being the fantasy analog to their network? Melodies and harmonies working together.

Version 0.810 is out: changes.

This patch makes non-tactical crew points better, makes larger sectors scale better, adds a bunch of new icons for race traits & planet bonuses, and fixes several other more minor issues.

Fantastic. Steve, these are some terrific changes:

Loosens up the crew point straight jacket a little bit!

Version 0.811 is out: changes.

This patch increases chances for more Guild quests, adds planet anomaly icons, starts adding new skill stuff, and fixes several other more minor issues.

Version 0.812 is out: changes.

This patch makes crafting chances visible, adds social stratification and a few more planet bonus icons, adds a bunch more of the new skill stuff, and fixes several other more minor issues.

Version 0.813 is out: changes.

This patch adds in a new skill system, changes how command works, and fixes a few other more minor issues.

Really excited at the prospect of the skill system! I think it’ll be a great addition.

That’s some list of skills. Cool.

Skill system is a great idea, I think it needs to be fleshed out by race and be as interesting as a class tree.

Recent changes made the game fun and different enough from the first one to be worth it.

Version 0.814 is out: changes.

This patch implements the rest of the skills for the new skill system, adds skill retraining, adds new icons (military stance, outsider attitude, & more planet enhancements), and fixes a few other more minor issues.

This is looking to be shaping up nicely! Thanks for the continued work and updates posted to the thread.

After 3 months of Drox Operative 2 early access, I’ve posted our first “monthly” :) update talking about all of the changes since launch.

The link took me to the patch notes, I think you meant to point to the blog?

http://www.soldak.com/Blogs/Steven.html

Sorry about that. The link is fixed now. Thanks for pointing that out!

Version 0.815 is out: changes.

This patch overhauls the race specific slots, reworks all of the subraces to have different skills than the base race, adds new planet bonus icons, and fixes a bunch of other more minor issues.

Version 0.816 is out: changes.

Fighters! This patch makes a ton of improvements to fighters/carrier builds and fixes a bunch of other more minor issues.

Fighters? Did someone say fighters?

Off to read the patch notes!

EDIT: Looks like some nice changes. A DPS display for fighters was much needed and the 10 -> 4 second cooldown change should help a lot. Especially when a mine detonates on them right as I engage a group of enemies. :)

Version 0.817 is out: changes.

Better UI! This patch adds component sorting, text scale option, menu scale option, better menu pausing, more message options, and fixes a bunch of other more minor issues (mostly UI related).

Version 0.818 is out: changes.

Better controller support! This patch adds a twin stick option, allows dpad to move between UI elements, allows left stick to scroll, adds a virtual keyboard, and fixes a few other more minor issues (mostly controller related).