DS Battery Options?

I’m heading on a long plane ride, and I’m wondering if there are any accessory battery packs I could pick up.

Idealy, I’d like something I could charge in reserve, and then just plug in where the AC adapter goes. I tried searching around, but didn’t see anything like this available. What is available, what are others using?

How long is the plane ride? The DS battery lasts a long time as it is…

But no, I haven’t heard of anything like this.

10-12 hours I think.

You’re not going to play DS for ten hours. You’re going to play it for four or five or maybe six hours if you’re CRAZY then do something else. That said, I can think of a couple of options to keep the thing going for twelve hours, just for the sake of discussion.

1. USB charger. If you have a laptop too, you can charge the DS from it.

2. Bring a spare charged battery. You’ll have to change the battery halfway through, which needs a screwdriver, but it’s doable.

3. Don’t some planes have some sort of AC or car charger outlet in the seats these days? Maybe yours will since its such a long flight.

Do they allow screwdrivers on planes anymore?

:(

I guess not :(

You could remove the screws before you leave and use tape on the plane. (Use duct tape or something you can peel and replace)

Keep the screws and the screwdriver in your checked luggage if you want to replace them after you land, and bring extra tape for the flight back.

How about one of these ? Supposed to give you another 6 hours. One time use only though.

1. Don’t some planes have some sort of AC or car charger outlet in the seats these days? Maybe yours will since its such a long flight.

Most planes do these days. You need to see what type of plane you are flying on and check with the airline to see if it has a DC outlet in the seat. A large portion of planes have these now and all you would need is a normal car adapter for your DS which can be had for 9.99. same thing goes with any other electronic device you plan on using.

That is very true. I don’t think I’ll be playing the DS the whole time, I’d just rather have excess battery power then not enough. Just trying to be cautious.

Thanks everyone for the help.

I’m not convinced that you will get an outlet if you’re flying international in economy. Many airlines save that special privilege for business class or higher. If its a newer plane then you might be in luck, but certainly every time I’ve flown between LA and London I haven’t had an outlet at my seat.