DS games you can't reset

I love my DS, but I don’t like paying $40 a game, so I buy most of my games used. Usually this isn’t a problem, but sometimes I get a game that has things completed or unlocked that I can’t reset.

Until this weekend, it was Metroid Pinball, which was slightly annoying because the high scores can’t be reset, and Mr Driller, which would have sucked except that the first owner didn’t get very far.

But this weekend I picked up Advance Wars DS.

It’s great, and I am really liking it, but Rachel is level 15. I don’t want her to be level 15, and there is no way to reset it that I have found. It might be so annoying that I don’t play the game enough to keep it.

Anyone else have this sort of thing happen?

It’s great, and I am really liking it, but Rachel is level 15. I don’t want her to be level 15, and there is no way to reset it that I have found. It might be so annoying that I don’t play the game enough to keep it.

That sucks and I didn’t even know that was how it was - great way of putting a dent in the second hand sales. And a point to the PSP that doesn’t have that problem.

But AW: DS is so great that you should emidiately sell your used copy, suck up the loss and but a new copy. It’s the one DS game I keep returning to.

Did you try the button combination for resetting Nintendogs on the other games?

Before you touch the button that starts up Advance Wars on the system screen, hold on L, right on the d-pad and select. You will be given the option to erase all saved data once you start up the game.

-Kitsune

Many DS games will reset their save data if you hold down the A, B, X, Y, L and R buttons (simultaneously) when the game is starting up.

I haven’t tried it on either Advance Wars DS or Metroid Pinball, but give it a shot if you haven’t.

There are lots of different key combinations. I also buy most of my DS games used and so far I haven’t run into a single one that couldn’t be reset somehow. Read the manuals carefully, I’m willing to bet that (almost) all games have some key combination to reset the save, even if there’s no visible “Reset” option in the menus.

Yes, the manual usually lists the key combination to reset all data. Yet another reason to not buy used games without manuals!

$40? I’ve seen most of them for $30-$35 new…

anyway, yeah, I’ve never heard of an unresetable game.

Someone told you how to reset Metroid Prime Pinball the last time you brought this up.

http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?p=693285&highlight=metroid+reset#post693285

The more pertinent question is… why would he need to reset the high scores on a pinball game by any method other than… setting one’s own high scores?

I keep falling into a trap with this thread, by continually reading it as “DS games you can’t resist” - and I come in here thinking “oh, cool, I’ll find out about more cool DS games.” But all I get is people wanting to reset their carts. No fair.

Hahaha, I did that too!

Okay, hats off - that was pretty good.

The PSP comment?
Well, it is easier, but it appears that it’s not really a problem on the DS either - I only own new games, so I’ve never researched how to reset them. Otherwise it is pretty nifty, that the save is on the cart, since the switch from the DS to the Lite has been a non-issue. You just continue playing.

Oh. I thought you were joking.

:(

Thank you, that worked.

Hey Mr. Netcop, that wasn’t Mike’s thread. It was a completely different poster. Maybe you should heed your own advice before berating someone for not being able to read…

-Tom

lol! Ok, change the gripe to one about not doing a search first. ;)