DS - trying not to forget about it

lol

The DS is a gimmick and clearly doomed to fail. It isn’t a compelling use of technology and it doesn’t enable real innovation. It doesn’t have any reason to exist. In a couple of years it’ll be as much of a joke as the powerglove.

oh burn.

That’s an excellent point. I’ll probably give my SP to my dad (who is at the age where there’s lots of killing time in hospitals and such and who has always had a psychotic addiction to Tetris) and use my DS for my GBA library. It does have a great screen and is a little more comfortable for me to hold (when I’m using the d-pad with one hands and the buttons with the other - not that weird ‘supporting it with one hand and the pinky of the other while i try to find a comfortable way of using the stylus’ interpretive dance that Nintendo expects you to go through) than the SP, so that’s a plus.

I wish that they’d put in an option where you could use the extra two face buttons instead of the shoulder buttons for SP titles. That would have been spiffin’.

Castlevania DS (the sequel to Aria of Sorrow) and Advance Wars DS are what sold me on the DS.

So, um, my girlfriend is studying to be a vet and definitely needs to know when Nintendogs is being released.

So, please, someone in the know, answer the question. Even vague supposition would help.

/Eph

–Dave

I have a weird thing where the lower right hand corner of the DS digs into the soft pad at the base of my thumb. Maybe I’m deformed. Maybe I’m not holding it right. Maybe my DS just doesn’t like me.

As for Nintendogs, I don’t think a US release date has been announced. But until it comes out, you should watch this commercial over and over again.

-Tom

I think the best answer you’re going to get (until probably E3) is “this year”.

So November.

Did you cut a deal with them for like 25 cents a click through?

Did you cut a deal with them for like 25 cents a click through?

Don’t be absurd. I just love this commercial and want to share it with everyone. Granted, it doesn’t have someone being dragged naked on a burning couch, or whatever that video was that was all the rage in some other thread…

-Tom

Gah! Spoiler!

The frustrating thing about the DS is that there are a ton of awesome looking games for it… they’re just all in Japanese :/.

Learn Japanese, you lazy git! Sheesh. It’s not that difficult. Richard Chamberlain did it in a single episode of Shogun. Wakarimasen, Anjin-san!

I second or third the ZooKeeper recommendations.

He wasn’t naked and there was interest. Supply and demand. I didn’t link it more than once!!!

What was that commercial again?

Oh, I like that commercial too. It made me realize what a fag I am.

You aren’t necessarily a fag when you click on this link and watch it several times. Instead, if it makes you feel better, you can think of yourself as a little girl. Or you can even do that whole Cathcart denial thing where you tell yourself you’re into it just to pick up chicks.

But however you go about it, you’ll all ultimately just like me and Sockpuppet and everyone else who wants a DS virtual puppy for Christmas, if not sooner.

-Tom

Can I think of myself with the girl in commercial Tom? I figure that’s a good way to circumvent both the “little girl” and “fag” issues everybody is so concerned about and still enjoy the puppies.