Due to extreme load...

I’m seeing the following banner when viewing QT3.
“Due to extreme load, this is temporarily being shown to everyone as a logged out user would see it.”

Interesting. I didn’t see that this morning, and certainly am not now. Everything seems to be working as normal for me.

I’m working with the discourse devs to track down and address causes of slow post times. That error might have come up 2-3 times, around half an hour ago.

No problem. Thanks @stusser.

I’ve been seeing this almost constantly all day. I’ve been randomly logged out a few times too.

Should not have happened in the past 6 hours or so. Load hasn’t been high.

It’s happened to me in the last 30 minutes. I’m special. Could the problem be that I’m probably logged in via multiple devices?

I had it a few times this afternoon as well. You’re not special! I’m special!

Downtime just now was me running a rebuild, expected.

Does posting seem faster to anybody? They fixed a poorly optimized query.

Now that you mention it, I think it does.

But along with yesterday’s Extreme Load errors, I’ve been getting a lot of This Media Could Not Be Played messages inside embedded twitter links.

Great to hear!

Just go to twitter, geez!

No one has made a joke about the thread title yet…

Posting is definitely faster. Knocked a solid two seconds off the execution time. Pretty sweet.

Discourse is non blocking while it tries to post so it isn’t a big deal but it is noticeable for sure.

Heh, I agree it’s not a big deal. Just new, broken-ish behavior I’ve been noticing.

Another strange new behavior is that when I edit a post, the edits don’t quickly auto-refresh and appear. I have to refresh the page and then they show up.

ALL OF THE ABOVE IS PROVIDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND IS IN NO WAY MEANT TO REFLECT DISSATISFACTION ON THE PART OF THE POSTER

I think that’s always been the case, really.

FWIW, I’ve giggled every time I’ve clicked the thread.

I know, right?

Please don’t. The wife just described a particularly disturbing bowel movement to me. I think I’ll skip dinner.

Marriage. YAY!