Duke Nukem Forever to be released on May 3rd 2011

Truly we are in the end times.

So many great jokes will come to an end.

It’s a stupid thing to want, or do with a property you’ve gone to the trouble to buy, but I was kind of hoping they’d hold it until December 21, 2012. Just for fun.

So what are the odds that this is anything more than an average, bog standard shooter? My exposure to it is limited to hearing Steve Gaynor talk about pissing out of a duke dick, which does not make the game sound particularly appealing.

From what I saw at PAX, it looks like a good, if not especially different, shooter. Oh sure, it has Duke belting out crass one-liners, pig cops, and strippers, but it otherwise seemed pedestrian.

Will there be a collector’s edition?

Put things like “Things completed since Duke Nukem Forever” timeline poster was in there, and an insiders view of the mess and it’ll be a CE worth owning :)

They couldn’t even make April Fools Day!

Brian, I think the angle is to make a shooter that doesn’t take itself seriously rather than another earnest man-shooter. But I don’t play any console FPS games: maybe there are a lot of other ones like that and DNF won’t be so unique.

Well, I think consoles have driven the market more to the 3rd person shooter, FPSs aren’t as common and are mostly serious and mostly based around real-world military.

They should have picked May 21st since that is the day that cult is saying Jesus is suppose to come back.

Were pre-orders ever available for this? Are they going to be honoured?

Pretty interested in this, though I wonder how well the “Howie Long” character will go over with the current majority makeup of gamers…

Hopefully, the 360 gets the best exclusive DLC levels/weapons deals.

If not, I’ll have to go the PC route for this one and hope Steam has the best pre-order deal.

We have trailer!

/edit: Official version in HD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-b78TKZIyw

Never mind, I’m not playing that.

I mean… it appears to be a Duke Nukem game… I’ll be playing it.

What changed between your two posts? Surely, you weren’t expecting something different from Duke Nukem were you?

Edit: Just so we’re clear, since the resurrection announcement, I knew that I’d be getting this during a bargain basement Steam sale. I’ll likely have as much fun with this as I did Prey. Decent, but totally disposable entertainment.

Seriously, by the looks of the trailer, they nailed the whole Duke Nukem atmosphere. I’m not certain what else you were expecting either.

I just want to see if ancient pre-orders get accepted.

Agreed. So fucking NO.

Note who you’re responding to.

I liked it. If the actual gameplay can maintain anything close to the energy level of the trailer, I’d say we have a winner. Interesting music, too. Has kind of a disco meets Nine Inch Nails vibe to it.

The music track is Invaders Must Die by Prodigy.