Duke Nukem Forever to be released on May 3rd 2011

That’s because one is a metaphor and one is not.

I feel slightly more crazy for having read that “article.”

Seriously, someone getting stabbed in the chest is an example of male penetration? I feel like i am reading some right wing blog.

The “Find the penis in this picture” section didn’t help much either. I get the feeling this person pulls up to an intersection, stops, points at the traffic light and explains how it is a phallic symbol.

Facehuggers don’t stab you in the chest.

Edit: Oh, right, the alien queen thing tail-spike thingy. Yeah, they’re reaching. I wouldn’t be using cracked.com as my backup :)

There was a picture of the alien queen impaling bishop in the chest from behind with her tail near the bottom of the article. This was noted as an example of male penetration and implied to be sexual in nature.

We might as well say the scene in commando where arnold impales that guy in the chest with a pipe is an example of male penetration while we’re at it.

Remember, it was in the interest of letting off some steam.

Sorry, didn’t get my edit in in time. I agree with you - while there’s a lot of sexual imagery in Alien/Aliens at some point the writer of the article just starts seeing cocks everywhere.

I use Polymer HRP v5.0 full from here:

http://hrp.duke4.net/download.php

and don’t have any problems with mouselook - it plays perfectly.

I am using an older version of the HRP, I’ll see if switching to the most recent release makes a difference. Thanks!

Only pussies scream, get the fuck out of our club.

That IS when getting out of the club. Do try to keep up.

Then obviously you haven’t seen Jeff Klein’s first post, which was sheer genius.

And hey he is up to 34 posts!

That foldor was an enigmatic character though.

How does any of that make a guy cross his legs while watching Alien? Unless Dallas racked his nuts in the airduct and I missed it.

You must have missed the scene where the facehugger implanted the alien embryo anally.

For those who aren’t convinced about the facehugger=fear of male rape, here’s something I wrote before ever hearing the writer’s take on it:

To properly represent rape as a legitimate threat to that purely theoretical construct, the “average male reader” – which is to say the “heterosexual, cissexual, denier of rape culture” guy[ii] — works of fiction must move away from our generic heteronormative culture and make men a target. Alien does this by inventing an indiscriminate rapist. For the facehugger, all humans are equally viable targets for impregnation. This new angle of attack sexualizes and feminizes previously neutral anatomy in men. The mouth becomes a vagina. The neck becomes the cervix (which is Latin for “neck,” by the way). And the chest cavity becomes a uterus. If we understand female anatomy in terms of the male, Alien creates a third anatomy which collapses human male and female anatomy. As a result, men everywhere squirmed and flinched when the facehugger went skittering for Ripley.

So at least consider that a number of people can reach this conclusion independently of one another… also consider that this is super obvious.

And… what is the source of that?

Because i can also write whatever i want and will look like an objective information.

No bibliography, the source is me. If you’re worried about bias in criticism, well… I can assure you I am not receiving handouts from the powerful Alien-as-Rape lobby.

Isn’t it possible that men might squirm at the idea of an alien entity explosively bursting out of their chest in a shower of gore?

Yes, people have reached the same conclusion, but a week ago there was some doomsday predictor on the news explaining how everything/everyone in the last supper represents a penis. Crazies will be crazy and they will find what they want no matter what.

Right – guys are freaked out by the facehugger because it rapes a man and then he dies during birth. It’s just a c-section taking place a few inches up… and the infant’s doing the surgery.

I don’t know how you feel about criticism, but this isn’t one of those made up readings imposed on the text by bored intellectuals; if you were conscious during the movie Alien, you and I agree on this interpretation. I guess it’s not really an interpretation – it’s just what happened.