Duke Nukem Forever to be released on May 3rd 2011

Gearbox didn’t.

Game is still a horrible turd.

Right now he must feel like Gearbox is punishing him.

Who are you reviewing it for, Jason?

The demo for DNF is finally available on Xbox Live for all. I have to admit that I’ll be downloading and playing it out of morbid curiosity.

Yeah, I had zero interest in this - I’m not even a DN3D fan. But now I need to check out the demo to get in on the rubbernecking fun.

No PC demo yet?

Actually, I can’t get too worked up over demo availability for this. I have a feeling that, much like stripping off a mile-long bandage, this is something that’s best gotten over with all at once.

“Exclusive” PC demo was a few weeks ago. As was discussed several times in the thread since you first chimed in, actually.

Paying attention is hard, isn’t it?

I’m pretty sure he’s asking if there’s a “non-exclusive” PC demo out yet.

Edit: Corrected!

The DNF demo is now available on Steam to everyone.

GameShark. Should be up within the next couple of days

Looking forward to it.

Indeed I was. I was unaware they’d finally thrown the gates open to the non-Borderlands people.

They’d already done it for a short period before release, though perhaps on accident. People could just go to the Steam page and download it.

That and the demo was available on every file-share on Earth, which made everyone say “What do you mean I had to buy something to get a DEMO?”

So now Strauss Zelnick is refusing to deny that any sequel to this abortion will ever happen. Is there any chance that a future Duke Nukem game won’t be a steaming bag of rotten amputee leftovers? I mean, I think that they might be able to get one decent game out of it if the opening scene was Duke coming out of a coma, the previous games all being fever dreams, and the rest of the game being done in an entirely modern style with the whole first-Austin-Powers-movie thing.

Strauss Zelnick? Wasn’t he a Bond villain?

Duke will return in Nobody Delays It Forever (ok, I made the name up)

Am I the only one who wishes this game had never actually been released?

I firmly wish it had never been released

Who is shocked that there are plans for another Duke Nukem game? Why would Gearbox have paid to buy the IP if they weren’t going to do at least one more game with the character?