Duke Nukem Forever to be released on May 3rd 2011

Mr. McMaster’s review is up at GameShark. Reading it now.

Finally!

There should be a rule about making a game that includes room after room of helpless, weeping, begging women, waiting for death.

Jesus. I think it is just as true like this:

There should be a rule about making a game that creates room after room of helpless, weeping, begging game reviewers, waiting for death.

But that would be the opposite rule.

Ba-dum TSSH.

Half price already and still overpriced.

That’s it? “Bad level design, bad audio, QQ gfx aren’t crysis x50, OMG MY MORAL SENSE NOOOES!” this is the review? pfff…When a game is so poorly under expectations it deserves more than an eulogy or a hand wave, it deserves dissection to bits in a pain-inflicting torturous ways that the devs will feel the hurtball as much as the fans and reviewers did, epic fail and all that…this review was underwhelming…why even bother to link it?
It’s like when Yahtzee didn’t even try in his, the lack of proper death-hammering in itself was a follow-up of disappointment to the DNF disappointment in itself…perhaps DNF brings nothing but lackluster disappointing all around in anything that relates to it (then again, some have presented well thorough bile & bashing of it, so I can’t really say that, at least not on reviewers in general).

Lol, i was thinking about this the other day: given the horrible reviews, I know i’ll have to pick it up just to validate if it’s as bad as they say…

50% still isnt enough to make we want to test the water though…75% would do it…

Tom’s review did cover most points eloquently enough for me.

Having read quite a few of those as well as watching thorough plays on youtube…trust, it’s shit, save yourself the horror and money.

It MUST be experienced!

Perhaps the STEAM Winter sale will have it for $4.99

Sometimes things get edited

Soooooooo… Immediately after Duke Nukem Forever was canceled, I thought: “Damn. They should just put it out there so gamers can see what they have been doing for X years. Hell, I’d pay money just for the opportunity to play an incomplete version.”

I don’t think I was alone in this thinking. Maybe I was. I guess what I’m asking is this: I know DNF is not a good game. It may even be a bad game. But is it worth picking up just to see how it all turned out?

Uncensored version must be leaked! The public demands to know!

Yes, you’re not alone.
No, you shouldn’t.
Because, apparently, they weren’t working on the next DNF, they were splattering themselves all over the walls just like the poop that Duke throws and smear around - that poop is their creativity. The game has utter and complete lack of focus. It’s not really even a game rather a whole bunch of mini-games and some halo-mimicry. It’s a joke. It’s bland, stale, and not worthy.
What we wanted was indeed to play the unfinished version of DNF. Unfortunately, such a version does not exist. This game is hardly the promised DNF, rather it’s a mixture of design ideas “in development”.
If fans made a D3D sequel I’m thinking they would’ve had done a far better job.

They should have stopped after the 2004 trailer. Nothing was going to top that.

I found the demo to be perfect to satisfy all curiosities.

To clarify, my review wasn’t edited due to honest criticism, it was mostly edited of obscene vitrol. I feel sorry for my editor, honestly, as I get a little… out there with my reviews.

Saw this morning that Duke is now available for preorder for OSX, but not on Steam, same dumb move as Dragon Age2, apparently anything done by Aspyr is going that way.

No Steam, no sale.

Edit: this FAQ seems to refute the no Steam deal:
http://blog.gameagent.com/2011/07/08/duke-nukem-forever-mac-faqs/

They actually funded an OSX port? Buh?

I imagine this had something to do with it.

Yes, it’s going to be Steamplay. Since it’s already available on PC, it wouldn’t make sense to have a Mac preorder.

Regardless of where you get DNF, you’ll have to activate it on Steam.