Duke Nukem Forever to be released on May 3rd 2011

I have no problem people critizing DNF but some of the reviewers did overdo it by giving it such low scores that rate it lower than games that are totally broken.

I have an issue with that because everyone should be able to agree that at least on a decent PC it runs without any technical issues.
I had not a single crash nor any dip in frames during the whole experience whereas numerous other games in the past crash / crashed around every 3-4 hours.
The game doesn’t clip me through the envoirement as well which still isn’t always the case these days.
I think a 5/10, 6/10 or something around 50%-60% would be ok but not stuff like 1/10 or 29%.
Probably a bit lower if you add the dismayal multiplayer which is really, really bad.

I gave my personal view a few pages back and I stand by it.
To me the game delivered what most modern shooters dont: mindless fun!
I don’t want to shoot Arabic looking men for all eternity and see shit I see on the news on a daily basis. Yes maybe it’s carthatic for a country deep in a costly war for years (US) but I’m pretty tired of it.
I’m sick of the “America! Hell yeah!” stuff as it’s simply too much nowadays in those shooters and even Duke make fun of it or at least it’s justified here as an Alien invasion is something else than some war in some desert somewhere.

I think what matters a lot to me is that in DNF I kill aliens which is a guilty pleasure whereas in the newer CoDs I have to humilate and torture humans which puts it on a differeren level for me.
I might be special but I have problems with this kind of shit even in games if I’m MADE to do it (it would be kind of acceptable if it was optional).

I had way more fun with the Duke, Far Cry, Crysis and XIII in the last 6 months than with any CoD since Call of Duty + expansion way back.

Remind me to never let you help me pick a babysitter.

Also, you are now cursed to think about this the next time you need to borrow some rope.

I assure you, I am definitely not one of those people. For those of you I see out in the world, please don’t pee on me. I will not react well to it.

But it’s true nonetheless. People are craaaaazy. I mean, According to Jim ran for EIGHT SEASONS.

Seriously? EIGHT? I don’t want to believe that is true…

Bollox. Vitriol is easy. I wanted something amusing. Nobody wrote anything funny about DNF. Even Yahtzee tapped out. Everybody was like, “This game sucks. That was easy. LOL.” I mean, you can come up with butt-tongue stories for a larf on Atlus’ faceplant, but nothing for the Daikatana of the 21st century?

What’s wrong with being tied up and peed on? Wait, I meant to say, that’s really a bad thing I don’t want at all. (Nervous laughter)

Patch coming soon:

Among the changes coming to PC are a new expanded inventory option that allows you to carry up to four weapons in the single-player campaign, Valve Anti-Cheat System (VAC) support, push-to-talk voice chat, the ability to adjust FOV plus other fixes and improvements that are still being tested.

The ability to change FOV is almost coming back into vogue. Let’s hope it continues.

Postal 2?

• 4-weapon inventory option in single player campaign
  • MP Server favorites
  • Dedicated server overhaul
  • FOV can be modified
  • Change VOIP to push-to-talk (bandwidth fix)
  • VAC anti-cheat system enabled
  • Support for Japanese Steam ID’s for PC release in Japan
  • Auto-aim fix
  • Blood effects on surfaces behind enemies when shot
  • Steam.exe no longer uses an unusually high amount of CPU
  • Texture quality improvements
  • Fixes to prevent single player and multiplayer save data corruption
  • Leaderboard exploit fixed
  • AMD Dual-Core Optimizer no longer automatically installed (fixes rare bugs with Intel processors)
  • Crash/compatibility fixes and other minor bugs

This is like the re-launch of HellGate. It’s far past due-hour and all too gone at this point to restore it.
Instead of patching it, they should just accept total defeat and go put the license to good use by denouncing DNF and making a new Duke game that doesn’t suck and restore faith int he brand.

Missed by a good four.

It’s $10 on steam till thursday, and help me because I’m tempted to buy it only to see if it’s actually as bad as everyone says…

It’s not even worth $10.

With all the other near-$10 games coming out this month on steam… Renegade Ops, Payday, Orcs Must Die, Dungeon Defenders… buying DNF would be real waste of time. I’d rather take a gamble on all of those then risk finding out for myself that DNF is indeed crap just like everyone says.

I’ll grab this in the xmas Steam sale for $1.50 or whatever it’s worth by then.

Don’t.

Why would you buy a bad game?

I might buy it next summer after I get through all these great games coming out this winter and spring. But only if I need a newish first person shooter to run through.

But why, some say, this game? Why choose this as our goal?

And they may well ask why climb the highest mountain?

Why, 35 years ago, fly the Atlantic?

Why does Rice play Texas?[LEFT]

We choose to play Duke Nukem! We choose to play Duke in this decade and not do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win.[/LEFT]