Dumb NFT bullshit: Andy Warhol stuff sold by Christie’s

But not really a selling point of something you’re trying to pass off as “ownership” of a “rare collectible”

I suspect people who pay massive $ for NFTs likely have them on hardware crypto wallets that do not remain connected to the internet. Things like this. It’s not that different from owning games on Steam, where their database serves as the blockchain that has record of your purchase. It’s the rarity aspect that is different.

Pretty sure the astronomically valued NFTs purchased are by the same few rich people intent on driving the interest and prices up for propaganda/pump-and-dump purposes similar to the video game collectible market.

Run Jenna, run!

He did them both a favor; really. Just not the favor he thought it was.

I would love to know the nft that idiot bought.

It had to be ring themed… Probably goatse.

I love the juxtaposition of “she does not have an investing mind” with not one but two examples in quick succession of putting all his eggs in one highly volatile basket with no inherent return.

I’m so glad Reddit still serves as a creative writing outlet for so many in these troubled times.

I want the movie rights to this story. It will make a great anniversary gift.

Yeah, and the “Tl;dr” is a priceless quote of someone who doesn’t understand “investing” is not “gambling” or “get rich easy/quick”.

Potvin sucks!

Ah, the good old days.

Potvin sucked and now proves he still sucks. Can’t blame him for trying/wanting to cash in.

This is my look of surprise.

This is another variation on my surprised and shocked face:

So… the new round of NFT’s are essentially people selling garbage pail kids, but for huge sums of money.

Also, not even on actual physical cards, so they have zero collectibility.

Nice.