Dune: Imperium forum game

I will draw my cards from my physical deck, but I see the issue if we want to play digitally. I trust everybody not to cheat.

No cheating
No crying

On Discord, we just play open hands, and promise not to study each others’ hands. But we have a bot for Intrigue cards. My pix look like:

The third pic, just below the fold, is of the market.

I’ll tell you what—let’s draw our hands ourselves and then post under a spoiler tag. And obviously not cheat.

EDIT: I’m out getting fingerprinted but will be home within the hour to do my first action.

spoiler tags, that’s pretty good, I think.

My first hand

grafik

My first hand is

Diplomacy, reconnaissance, DUNE, TEH DESART PLANET, dagger, convincing argument

I am The Beast Barabbas, so I get an extra 1 Spice and 1 Money.

My first Action Round is to play DIPLOMACY
I place my … what is my dude called… oh yeah, AGENT, on Stillsuits.
I get one Influence with the Fremen.
I get one Water.
That is my Turn.

Over to @Ginger_Yellow

Starting hand:

I play and trash Seek Allies to visit Wealth.
I get one influence with the Emperor
I get two solari.

Is there a board reference image anywhere? My gaming table is already occupied.

I suppose I could just use the TTS one.

I’d be open for a game, if there is further interest.

That brings us to “Thorvald” aka @Dave_Perkins

I’ll wait for pix, assuming that’s what we’re doing!

Here’s a pic for you, Dave:

Oh, of our game? Well, I’m glad to keep a running board state, but I’m not going to be able to do it more than once daily, and not at all after today for a few days. But here is where we are now:

Ignore all the pre-WW2 Europe around the edges, I had something else set up on this table. I’ll move our game downstairs and leave it set up.

Right now, the Harkonnens are on Stillsuits, and I have one Influence w/ Fremen, the guys I’ve never heard of but are Lords of Ricotta Cheese, and run by @Ginger_Yellow, are on Wealth, and they have one Influence with Emperor. We all have 1VP. I have 1 spice and 1 solarian, and @Ginger_Yellow has two solarianses.

I will keep a boardstate after today and post pics, but how often? after each turn? (sounds excessive)

N00b

the guys I’ve never heard of but are Lords of Ricotta Cheese

I am re-reading the first book, and Richese was mentioned early on before they left Caladan, something like “machines built on/by Richese” It wasn’t clear if it is a house or a planet. Don’t know if they will be ever mentioned again.

edit: I think in the board picture above setup troops are missing. Each player should have 3 troops in his garrison at the start of the game

Richese are the “rich” merchants. The money man. Spend it wisely. :-)

There should be 3 troops in each garrison. Or is this some kind of strange peaceful variant?

Oops, I see my previous comment is redundant.

Richese is also in the appendix.

Thank you for the picture! :)

Are the rest of you setting up an actual board in your homes, like @Brooski is? I can’t do that, because I’m using my actual board for a Discord game. So unless I get pictures for each of my turns, I can’t play. If taking pictures is too much trouble, I can sit this game out.

Edit: Actually, if I’m supposed to be dealing out my own cards, too, then I can’t do that either. I didn’t know that this game wasn’t simply going to be a play-by-forum game with photos and one single host.

Anyhow, I’d love to play, but have no physical game to help me play, so if I need one in order to play in this game, I will have to quit.

I’m using a physical deck (for now anyway) but I plan to maintain the board state in TTS as much as I can.

Edit: I’m getting an import error for some token graphic when I start up a game, but other than that I seem to have the mod working. Remarkably, it dealt me exactly the same hand I had in real life.

Yeah I just forgot to put the troops on. My mistake.

Speaking of which, did you mean to commit any to the conflict on your turn? Or are you just going to do it from The Great Flat next time?