Dungeon Siege

I appreciate the two 60sec. reviews on the QT3 site. People were creaming themselves prior to and after this game came out and rave reviews ensued.

I played the demo, got bored, continued, fell asleep at the keyboard, drooled and shorted out some keys, woke up, went and got a new keyboard, came home with the new keyboard, and had made it to the end of the demo while I was gone.

I always thought that a long commute driving was wasted gaming time. I probably could have played Dungeon Siege on a laptop in the passenger seat without endangering myself or anyone else.

I was tempted, but never actually tried it. :?

I rather like Dungeon Siege. As I get older, I find I have less patience for all the little stuff you have to do in RPGs (and strategy games, for that matter) and, free of all the minutiae, am enjoying the world more. (On the strategy side, I was looking forward to Road to Moscow for the same reason.)

Peter

I’ve had more enjoyment with DS using only a single character instead of the party, it makes it a bit more interesting.

The best thing about Dungeon Siege for me was that I got bored with it so fast, it was still worth a record $17.50 trade-in value.

Is it just me? But after a few more hours of NWN solo player … I prefer Dungeon Siege solo player. Simplicity and nonstop combat in DS make a difference I suppose (and better graphics). I’m still not even halfway thru NWN yet, so thats just an early opinion!

My 2002 crpg scorecard right now, MW then DS then NWN and then the rest. Just my darn opinion. Adding in editing, mods and multiplayer, NWN would then be at the top.

(just to add in edit… the end of chapter 1 was WAY cool. I hope the rest of the solo player is as good as the last sequences of chapter 1… ooooh it was coooool.)

etc

Chris, I did exactly this and enjoyed the game much more.

Kind of weird since playing with a party really is one of the major focuses of the game.

I think I would have enjoyed it quite a bit more if the characters simply had more dialog. I’d like to hear them chatter during combat, for instance. That would personalize the characters and I think I’d be more involved as a result.

ya i soloed the game too, didnt even bother playing the sp, i just jumped in the mp and played through both maps, solo… well sometimes with the help of a friend, but no more than 2

a lot of fun this way, but i have heard how boring it can be in a sp with like a full ai party…

For me it came down to “was it fun or not?”. Answer - not. At no point did i feel engrossed and things only ever got exciting when i got distracted by the real world and was playing with minimal attention to the game…

If its worth anything, fwiw and all, I so far I’ve had morefun playing DS online than NWN. Am I the only one who likes DS more than NWN so far? So far, meaning I’m not done with NWN yet, and I’m not completely against it, meaning i think its a pretty good game still… ok!?!

etc

Are you still in Chapter 1? I actually think Chapter 1 is really boring, and the game opens up significantly in Chapters 2 and 3. Just my opinion.

Im in chapter 3. I do like the single player game. And I just wanted to say I do like NWN, again. Its not bad at all.

Having no party is no big deal to me, but I did expect it. Just for reference, MW could have used more balance and DS could have had more depth character development wise… just so I dont look like I’m pickin on NWN!

etc

Thread, arise!

I recently re-installed Dungeon Siege and found a way to make it run nicely on modern systems.
Here is the info:

1. Download dgVoodoo2 from here: http://dege.freeweb.hu/
  2. Copy the appropriate files to the Dungeon Siege folder
    dgvoodooCpl.exe and the contents of MS (don’t copy the folder itself, just the files)
  3. Run dgvoodooCpl.exe and use the settings from the screenshots below

Thanks, Drax/Fade.