Dungeon Warfare - Tower Defense Welfare

You guys have it all wrong. You are talking of the score as if it were an experience bar!
Now why they didn’t put leaderboards in here is beyond my understanding :(

Now I’m definitely out!

And just FWIW, I’m not necessarily talking about any sort of hard-n’-fast rules from the Book of Things You Absolutely Must Do When You Make a Game. I’m just talking about my own preferences as a rather snooty consumer of videogame entertainment. Dungeon Warfare is really good at the moment-to-moment stuff, but the package it’s wrapped in makes me not want to play it.

-Tom

It is :p or rather: the score from all of your missions is an experience bar.

Pfft, joke’s on you then, 'cause my points are totally in there, chapter 4, section 17. That means I win, right?

I had an amazing score on Crossroads set at endless on my first try. Scored 1,236,000. Went up 3-4 levels to 43! I did it on my iPad and was trying to figure out how to take a pic of my setup and when I finally figured it out they broke through. I only got a screenshot of the final score.

The black holes really is what did the trick and helped to keep the crowd in my kill zone.

The black hole trap really is an interesting device. I haven’t fully explored it yet but want to try it on some levels with a lot of chasms and see if its pull is strong enough to drag dudes into the abyss but not so much that it just brings them fully intact to the other side of it.

I set up a spot with a super maxed out slime pit and electric tiles around it, and Fire and Dart Towers pointed at it. Then about two spaces back I put a black hole or two maxed out. This is all in the entrance area. Wow! They just keep coming out and getting grabbed I cannot see anything there just lots of flashes and hear loud dying Dwarves and other screams. : )

I’m really enjoying this and was even surprised how quickly i was accustomed to the graphics. I’ve only just unlocked the spring traps and looking forward to some of the traps described above.

Finished this game in less than a week, and loved most of the experience enormously! But there were a few levels near the end that required far too much trial-and-error, ridiculously-numerous tweaks and replays, which left an unfortunate ending distaste for an otherwise excellent game.

Are the Gold Towers (Soul Harvestors) cumulative? Will two Soul Harvestors near each other’s zones both earn extra gold? I tried testing it but there are so many troops dying in their are that I am not certain (though it looks like they take turns rather than both earn extra gold.

Edited:
To add Soul Harvestor

I’ve been enjoying this one as well, chipping away a few stages per day. For the first couple dozen I was able to crank up the runes, but they’ve gotten quite a bit tougher, so I’ve scaled back to usually just using the Blood rune.

They do a nice job shaking things up with both level design and different enemy types. It does seem like the sheer numbers in the later levels all but force you to rely on AoE damage, so it would be nice if there were more options for inflicting it.

And while I still like the progression being tied to high scores rather than grinding, I’m starting to feel that the experience could stand to be a lot less granular. I’m never going to notice or care about a 1% cooldown reduction, so as far as I’m concerned, they might as well have just drastically reduced the number of gems you get and made the current rank 5, 10, and 15 cost 1, 3, and 6 respectively.

These last few levels certainly don’t play around. Shallow Grave was the first to make me really have to retry a few times with very different strategies before finally squeaking through. And now I’m stuck on Mountain, which has a really tricky layout that is stymying most of my go-to strategies.

I hated Shallow Grave. The mountain wasn’t difficult until the final boss came. I still haven’t beat it but I think charging those pits is the way to do it (and unleashing the energy from the pit).

I didn’t care for the last level either. It also breaks the established rule of the game we discussed with geewhiz at one point: that there is no specific elemental resistance or weakness. Without spoiling it, let’s just say that this last monster got resistance to about everything but one mechanic of the game. If this were the Dark Souls of Tower Defence, this would be its Lord of Cinder fight :E

I’m stuck on Mountain too. Have gotten close a couple times but decided to go back and level up a bit. Haven’t quite met the boss yet but just the presence of one is discouraging if it’s going to some gimmicky one that is nearly invulnerable.

Hi all. New to the forums and thought I’d chime in since I just purchased this yesterday after reading about it here.

This definitely has that addictive quality I look for in TD games (Tower Defense is one of my favorite game categories). I used every spare moment I had yesterday to play it. Once I achieved Endless Mode on certain maps I couldn’t stop thinking about different ways to set things up while away from the game.

Signed in to play the game this morning on a break and found out an update was just installed. They modified the interface some and now some of the features from the tablet edition are now in the PC version.

I have held off on Shallow Grave intending on trying it once to raise my level up. (After trying it once to see what all the hoopla about it was).

I played all the other maps to try and raise my endless scores when I finally realized I am at level 82! Going back and forth between my iPad and PC took some time too.

Holy #@$&!
I was done with the game at barely half that! And I was one of those trying to convince the others grinding wasn’t an option… oops

Wow, yeah, I was at level 31 when I beat it, and only 34 now. But I haven’t gone back to play any of the old levels for points or to try endless mode (figuring that could wait for after I unlock everything).