Dungeons & Dragons 2024 - New core books, new evolution

These all feel like fairly reasonable predictions to me, especially user-generated content and a 3D virtual tabletop experience.

I’m curious to watch their direct today and see what they say.

Yeah, their own full-fledged VTT seems like no-brainer, especially after buying the Beyond folks.

Is there any expectation/possibility that they might also reveal upcoming video game projects using the license, or will this all be strictly table top stuff?

I’d be surprised if at least Baldur’s Gate 3 didn’t get some time.

Spelljammer, not a surprise.

Just saw this Tweet over on Era, so I think you are correct.

Yup. Just had the BG3 bit.

They did? On my stream it was Spell Jammers and now WizKids. EDIT: Here it is, now. I’m watching on YouTube.

Oh boy. A theatrical release movie.

A third starter set too. The Lost Mine of Phandelver is a classic and awesome. But I guess it will be neat to have a new one for new players. Probably better aligned with the current styling and descriptions.

The big news here is it comes with digital goodies this time around.

The Legends of the Multiverse campaign looks awesome and “star studded” (D&D wise). I’ll have to watch it!

Well, there’s the Dragonlance announcement that a bunch of folks have been waiting for.

I love, love Shohreh Aghdashloo’s voice (I’m really an idiot and should not try and remember names at work).

She will forever be Crissie to me.

Trailers for some of the cool stuff revealed today:

Spelljammer

Legends of the Multiverse

DragonLance

This looks neat too. should be some good inspiration in that volume of adventures:

Journeys Through the Radiant Citadel

I am here for all of it, but especially for Dragonlance. I am so excited to share the world of Krynn with many of my younger friends who didn’t have the chance to grow up with the books like I did.

Family car trip as a kid after we’d read the original trilogy:

Mom: “I know how we can pass the time! So who does everyone find interesting in the series?”
Older sister: “Dan’s like Raistlin”
Me: “@#$& you”
Mom: “Dan! Apologize to your sister!”
Me: “No!”
Older sister: “What?!? It’s a compliment; you’re really smart.”
Me: “@#$& you”
Mom: “DAN!”

LOL - to be fair, I probably would have reacted as you did! A lot of my perspective on that character shifted when I read The Soulforge, though. Now I harbor a fondness for him, even if he is a little jerk.

just what Raistlin would say