Dungeons & Dragons 80s saturdaymorningcartoon show

Walker was merely a Texas ranger though. This series has the best cartoon intro song imho.

I see your Galaxy Rangers and raise you SILVERHAWKS

Wow, I vaguely remember that show.

God, Silverhawks has surely produced some absolutely glorious slash-fic by now.

I admit that was a good one!

I will see your raise and double it with a Galaxy Rangers outro song, also amazing.

I don’t think kids today get the quality of cartoon songs of the 80s, not that I’ve heard anyway.

Millennials at least got raised on the hilariously testosterone-soaked thrash metal stylings of “Rock the Dragon”

Also, the bizarrely compelling Egyptian-triphop-synthrock amalgamation that was Yu-Gi-Oh’s season 1 opener here stateside:

Now I have to get my ears washed out. Ugh. So terrible!

lol, in looking for this, i really thought it was called G-force. I had no recollection of the name battle of the planets…

Apparently there was a later adaptation from the 80s called G-Force: Guardians of Space!

Wow, I watched a LOT of Silverhawks and I don’t remember that in the theme song they said they were “Partly metal… partly REAL.”

The statement itself is totally metal. What is your opinion @ArmandoPenblade?

[Insert 40 pages of Manowar lyrics]

I remember watching Galaxy Rangers and the “Thundercats but in space” Silverhawks and really enjoying both. And yeah, cartoons in that era had great music overall.

Time to go advanced.

What if He-Man had been aimed at slightly older kids, so that the hero actually encountered difficulties worth mentioning and the villains weren’t incompetent? Well, then it would be its own immediate forerunner/prototype, Blackstar.

And what if Thundarr were smart enough to be uncertain occasionally and Princess Ariel weren’t just window dressing?

But still keeping the overt homo-eroticism it seems?

As an aside, that might just be the worst looking sword i have ever seen.

I watched the Americanized Battle of the Planets (aka Gatchaman) and Star Blazers (aka Space Battleship Yamato) every day after school. I spent hours drawing pictures of the Phoenix and the Argo (SB Yamato) on notebook paper as a kid. BoP paved the way for later team shows like Voltron and Power Rangers, and Star Blazers was notable for being an animated serial where the grand story continued in each episodic installment.

I always loved the Alex Ross Gatachman art. Some of his best.

I have the Gatchman OVA from the '90s(?) floating around on DVD somewhere.

Huh. I guess Galaxy Rangers and Bravestarr were 2 different things. Is the announcer in the Galaxy Rangers intro one of the VO legends? That’s an iconic voice right there. (The Space Dandy English Dub narrator has some of that same energy).

In retrospect, Silverhawks really predicted the 90’s comics muscles+shine aesthetic.

OMG. That horse!