Dungeon's & Dragon's: Dark a Lion’s

Maybe the worst trailer I’ve seen in a long time.

Interesting naming choice.

I’m confused, they’re re-releasing the PS2 game? Or remastering it? Or is this one of those “make a new game, give it the same name as an old game” things?

I mean, that has to be deliberate. Right?

Probably not intended, but that trailer looks like some super shitty VR junk. And that music, golly. Nothing spells D&D like screamo.

I’m down for this if done right. But oh man, that trailer is terrible!

“Dark Alliance” is being billed as a “spiritual successor” to the “Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance” series of video games and features characters from R.A. Salvatore’s novels.

There are four playable characters: Drizzt Do’Urden, a drow (dark elf) with twin blades, Catti-Brie, an archer who can be used as a sniper, Bruenor, a dwarf with battle ax, and Wulfgar, who wields a battle hammer, according to Neibert. Each character has their own specific weaponry and attacks.

In single-player mode, you can select any character you wish to play and swap between them throughout the campaign. In the co-op mode, which can be played with friends or people from the online community, each player must select a different character.

Neibert said the new game will not follow the top-down perspective of past “Dark Alliance” games. Instead, the camera will be from the third-person perspective.

“The third-person camera pulls [them] into the action and it’s much more intimate,” Neibert said. “It allows you to react more dynamically.”

I thought maybe you were exaggerating, but no you were spot on. That was horrible. In addition to bad directing choices on what “gameplay” to show us, it looked like crap.

Holy shit, that was indeed indescribably terribe.

holy fucking shit

also

There are four playable characters: Drizzt Do’Urden, a drow (dark elf) with twin blades, Catti-Brie, an archer who can be used as a sniper, Bruenor, a dwarf with battle ax, and Wulfgar, who wields a battle hammer, according to Neibert. Each character has their own specific weaponry and attacks.

was this written by a 13-year-old russian in his third year of english classes

“The third-person camera pulls [them] into the action and it’s much more intimate,” Neibert said. “It allows you to react more dynamically.

no

there isn’t enough no in my grumpy three-year-old for this

This was an awful trailer, all CGI, and a huge let down for me. I went from “D&D and Icewind Dale, you say!?” to “fuck everything”.

I enjoyed the BG:Dark Alliance series. The Fallout game was good throwaway fun too.

Trailer was all CG, no gameplay. But if it’s a top-down game like the old BG:DA I’m kinda looking forward to it.

It’s not.

Oh yeah, Brotherhood of Steel! Still have my old Xbox copy.

How do we know? They didn’t show gameplay, did they? They’re talking about the old BG:DA and couch co-op and it being an ARPG.

From above. No link though.

Ahh. Maybe more of a God of War type presentation then. Not sure how couch co-op works at that perspective, unless they do split-screen. Could still be fun.

Dude.

The relentless negativity is a real drag for a game where you haven’t even seen a screenshot yet.

You’re right, but to be fair, that trailer is a terrible start.

The good news is it can only get better from here.

Oh hey, welcome to Quarter to Three! Here, let me show you around - over here, we have FUCK YOU