Dying Light 2 - Zombies, parkour, and decisions

Well the back half of the year is getting pretty packed now, I am wondering if they push this to 2021.

I want the game to be good but I want it now. I was thinking the (unreleased) Hellraid DLC for DL1 indicates 2 is going to be delayed awhile, sniff sniff

A pox on your house for the mere suggestion! :)

This isn’t good:

I’m sure the game will be fine. It doesn’t seem like he expresses his sexuality through his video game writing much.

After years into development - I’d hope the writing was mostly done.

I spotted this from the developer on Steam:

Originally posted by georgewojcik85 :

No updates from the developer?

Nah, we still work on the game and as soon as we’re ready to announce some news we’ll do that on our social media and discord :P

I’m curious if the Chris Avellone story above caused issues with the game, or if it was really not very close to completion when they retracted the original release date.

I wonder if they have to replace all the dialogue and story elements written by Chris Avellone and replace them with programmer dialogue.

With programmer dialogue at least there would still be decisions. Most likely it will be replaced with
marketing team dialogue.

This website’s name could be better, but the report is still worth a read:

…multiple people independently shared a story of an artist who turned in some work that management disliked. The feedback they received was “pedalski”, which translates to “too f**got-like”.

Oh boy.

If true, you reap what you sow. Shame management like this rots an organization but I have seen it first hand many times…unfortunately…Hoping it works out for them though…

This sucks. Dying Light 2 has been one of my most anticipated games for going on 3 years.

Well that wasn’t a great read. Fuck, I love Dying Light and hotly anticipate Dying Light 2. Now I’m not so sure.

Between Bloodlines 2 and this, I’m beginning to give up on looking forward to sequels. The gaming industry sucks.

Hey indie devs are still mostly awesome.

There have been a lot of rumors that Microsoft was going to purchase Techland, Maybe they will do that, clean house and get this game back on track.

I hope so. It’d been our monthly long-play stream game, but we just shelved it after reading this. Sad, it’s a great game.

Let’s hope that story is more tabloid that truth.

I dunno, too many specifics that jive with earlier stories. We’ve taken a break from it for now.