Dying Light 2 - Zombies, parkour, and decisions

Some of the weirdness and bugs make me laugh, like this one: me and the undead kill 3 bandits and then I hop up onto a roof and I can still hear the bandit talking trash at me.

Nice.

Iā€™m really enjoying this game but its inability to realize Iā€™m using an Xbox controller 100% of the time is starting to piss me off. When I learn a new skill, the game presents the keyboard+mouse instructions & Google searches donā€™t always reveal how to translate.

Whatā€™s weird is the game does occasionally think Iā€™m using a controller, but itā€™s totally random. There is no way to force a control method. Grrrrā€¦

Plan to finish up the main story this weekend by entering that door of no return, did the main character forget he is trying to find his sister? He hasnā€™t mentioned her in game in at least 10 hours now.

Donā€™t worry. Youā€™ll be sick of hearing about her soon enough.

Well heā€™s waited, what, 15 years to find her? Whatā€™s a few more days or weeks!

1 Like

Wowā€¦ so that was a underwhelming ending, and ugh that boss fight.

My ending cutscene was walking off into the sunset alone.

Also apparently a part of the city can be unflooded and explored if you make a different late game decision.

The boss fight was atrocious.

I walked into the sunset w/ Hakon.

Apparently if you choose to let Lawan defuse the bombs and sacrifice herself, she defuses the bomb and Hakon saves her, so she walks off w/ you in the end and the city isnā€™t bombed. I did unflood the city, but the exposed flooded sections arenā€™t particularly friendly to explore.

Other than a better main story, I really wish the glider was gone, and the old style (Just Cause) grappling hook was back.

I ended up siding with the survivors every time I did a zone take over.
Anyone side totally with the PK? I assume it would make the game easier with more friendly troops on the ground.

Also its like the devs just gave up at some point, when you make certain decisions it seems areas of the map become unpopulated from all npcs, which is dumb.

My most hyped game of last year, that finally released this year, turned out to be a disappointment. :(

I chose to go with the PK only until I could unlock the crossbow. It was awesome! I think overall, the civilians are probably the better side to ally with since they reward you with more movement/parkour stuff. PKā€™s car-bombs and traps just arenā€™t that great outside of night chases.

Yeah, I was surprised by mid game how much combat outside of story missions could be avoided due to the easier city traversal.

Iā€™m waiting for this to come down to around $25 for PC then Iā€™ll pounce. Also, Iā€™d like to thank the developers for their tough copy protection to dissuade those of us who like to try before we buy ;) Good for them.

Same here. From what I read the moment to moment gameplay is ok, but everything else is pretty cringeworthy. I had some fun in the first game so Iā€™m willing to give developers the benefit of the doubt.

I had to stop playing because my acrophobia was causing me to DEATH GRIP the controller and was causing tennis elbow issues. God I feel old.

Iā€™m not going to spoil the game for anyone, but the buildings in DL2 are SO much taller than the original game and the heights were so scary to me.

And then some of them have masts on top!

That damn VNC tower is what got me.

I enjoy challenging my acrophobia but DY2 took it too far (for me).

Just learned the next game is open world fantasy. Definitely up for thatā€¦

ā€œAt Techland, we have sort of revealed or announced that thereā€™s a project being worked on; a AAA open world fantasy game. Which will definitely use all of the experiences from the ā€œzombie gamesā€, Dead Island, Dying Light, not because of zombies, but because of all of the RPG systems, narrative solutions we have created. The new project is really an amazing game. It tries to do a lot of things in a very unique way. Iā€™m sure we will learn a lot as a company, as an organisation from it.ā€

And its lead writers are Witcher 3 people such as Karolina Stachyra or Arek Borowek, people who wrote e.g. the baron questline. I have high hopes for that project.

1.3.0 update coming with new game+ option.