Dying Light (I hope you liked Dead Island)

:D

Time to reinstall and take on them quarantine zones!

Ha, was thinking the same thing. Hope I still have room on the hard drive to load it back up again lol.

RPS is reporting that Techland has released Modding tools for Dying Light. I’d really love to see some good modders take this and run with it.

PC versions gets dev tools today.

Bozak Horde DLC coming on May 26th.

It’s part of the season pass, if you have that.

This brand-new game mode for Dying Light lets players enter the Harran Stadium and take on a series of twisted challenges laid out by a deeply-troubled psychopath named Bozak. Designed with co-op gameplay in mind, this major addition to the world of Dying Light will offer a hefty challenge even for the most experienced teams of four.

Bunch of Easter Eggs :)

Nice loot cave Egg :)

I’d totally reinstall for the zombie fart bomb.

Half a year with Dying Light plus future content tease.

Half a Year with Dying Light | What Comes Next?

To celebrate half a year of Dying Light after Dying Light’s release, Techland compiled a video of all the major content updates and add-ons they have released since launch day. The video also teases the next big addition to its zombie-infested world, which the company is set to preview behind closed doors at Gamescom 2015, with the big public reveal soon after that.

“We’re really excited to finally be able to show this major project we’ve been secretly working on since the release of the game. This is Dying Light from totally new angle, but with everything fans love about the original still at the core.” – Tymon Smektala, Producer, Dying Light

The ‘180 Days of Content’ video showcases of how much Dying Light has grown through these six months to become an experience bigger and richer than ever before. On top of traditional DLCs, there were also many free content drops designed with fan feedback in mind and created as a way of thanking everyone who helped make Dying Light one of Techland’s most successful titles to date.

The Following announced.

New wilderness terrain map and drivable vehicles.

For Dying Light: The Following we’re adding a number of bold game-changers to create one massive expansion. Something big that will give the game a brand-new flavour. The new map alone is the same size as all the previous maps from Dying Light combined, so there is a lot we’re packing in here. We also kept a close eye on player feedback to help tailor what we’ve created here. Hopefully people will see that this new expansion is first and foremost, for the fans.

Comes with the Season Pass.

More to come at Gamescom

Tools like Speedtree and others must make making large maps easier. Everyone is advertising it over well designed maps.

I hope they take a few queues from State of Decay re basebuilding - its the one thing missing to make the game legendary.

I will say that the season pass stuff has been really underwhelming so far. Bozak Horde and the other bits and bobs has not been close to worth the money, so The Following has to make up for that.

All the stuff I’m seeing looks really promising, speaking as someone who was kind of turned off the by the concept (and its similarity to Dead Island, which I did not enjoy). If they release some kind of GOTY package down the road I will likely have to pick this up.

Its nothing at all like Dead Island - I hated those, but LOVE LOVE LOVE this game. Get it - you will not regret it. I seem to recall this isn’t the first time we’ve had this conversation though ;-)

Yeah, I’m liking Dying Light a lot more than Dead Island. (I’ve returned to this game to clear it out of my backlog.) I wanted to love Dead Island, but there were just too many mechanics that bugged the shit out of me in that game for me to really enjoy it. While some of those same mechanics are in this game, like weapon degrading, they added other features, like parkour, to mitigate the negative effect of the original issues. In this case, weapons constantly breaking doesn’t matter as much because you can just run away by climbing a roof.

You’re probably right, and I’ve been turning it over in my mind for a while. If I didn’t have a bunch of other games I’m working on right now (not to mention having not even started Witcher 3) I’d probably buy it this minute. But yeah, I can easily see myself picking this up at some point.

I’m happy to seem more Dying Light. Hopefully this is as substantial as it sounds.

Also sorry to hear you guys didn’t like Dead Island. Dying Light is a better game in a lot of ways, but Dead Island had the best first person melee combat I’ve ever seen. The analog control just felt great and gave me so much control over what I was doing. Between DI and the expansion, I probably sunk 60-70 hours into the game and loved all of it.

I wish I could play these games (Dead Island and Dying Light) without getting motion sick, but alas. The only games I’ve ever played that do that to me. They sure do love their camera sway.

Finally, I have been wanting expansion since I finished the game in march. It is so good…last year it would have been my GOTY tied with Isolation, this year it is third only behind Witcher 3 and GTA V.
So damn good, for me the best zombie game ever. Just purchased the season pass.