Dying Light (I hope you liked Dead Island)

Still one of my favorite games this year, and absolutely love the movement and melee. Probably now my all time favorite first person up close combat. The combination of the movement and great player freedom of the city design makes me giddy.

Very excited to see them build on all the awesome things they got so right with this game.

Oh yay. Single player?

??

As in, it has single player? It seems a proper expansion, so yeah, I suppose.
I mean, these games in online are just the single player experience (the campaign) with 1-2 friends playing with you.

I guess big open map with vehicles kind of said Battlefield to me, but no reason why it should.

I’m interested to see how much Dying Light and W3 are benefitting from being early games to really take advantage of the current gen. Maybe I’ll b eless impressed with them in a year when every game is that good :)

The Following trailer: https://youtu.be/8B_ldti4QGI

The Following’ sees Kyle Crane travel to a hazardous outback ruled by mysterious and fanatical cultists whose beliefs have unnerving connections with the zombie outbreak.

To get close to the cult and unravel their secrets, players will need to earn the trust of the locals. Through various missions and tasks, players will be able to choose their own path for infiltrating the inner circles of the cultists. In order to succeed in this harsh countryside, players will also gain access to fully customizable and upgradable dirt buggies. With its own unique skill tree, players will be able to traverse the vast expanse of the Harran countryside in what is their deadliest weapon yet.

The original Dead Island also had vehicles ;)

The quality of Youtube videos suddenly seems much higher to me. Every game demo I see looks like glossy smooth 60fps. Was that true last year?

Some months ago (q3 2014?) they enabled 60fps video in youtube (though you had to select it manually in the gear menu). I remember youtube itself uploaded the first three 60fps videos to show off how they looked, and one of them was a Titanfall video. A few months later, they put the 60fps option as default if the video had it.

And now all higher end marketers make sure to use it. Makes sense… and is as close to 60 fps as I’ll get :)

More info from PlayStation Access: https://youtu.be/9-zZJqvSr7s

And Outside Xbox: https://youtu.be/_uBLYSql4H8

Wow so the new DLC will be 10 hours long for the main story and close to 20 if you do everything in it.

Think I’ll grab the season pass from GMG for $15. :)

Man… how much awesome do these companies think I have time for?!

15 minutes of footage from The Following DLC.

Apparently the countryside map is the size of the previous 2 zones combined. GLORIOUS!

WHEN!?

By the time the price drops low enough so I buy it everyone will be done with this!

Apparently there is now a demo available on Steam.

Which is nice for people like me that have been holding out since the price hasn’t been cut that deep yet.

-Todd

Thanks for that!

I just played the hour demo. I definitely got a good vibe from it in the short term. It’s tough to say if I’d get tired of it like I do with a game like Far Cry 3. Some of those types of games get very repetitive. I’ll definitely get Dying Light at some point. I’m just not sure how much I’m willing to pay since I’m not sure how long I’d stay with it.

The demo started off at level 7 with a bunch of skills. In the full game I assume you get to start from scratch? I like to start slowly and build up skills. How varied is the game, or does it feel pretty similar the whole way through?

Its a similar structure the whole way through for the most part. Once you get the grappling hook the game increases in awesomeness.